Another Tommy Ode Symphonic Version Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
So. I would prefer someone answers this that has both versions of the LP and really knows the answer for sure. I've seen conflicting posts on the boards.

Are all the Ode Tommys quad or is there actually a stereo and quad LP. I know the number for the quad marked one starts with QU, and the stereo is SP 99001. I have a stereo one, and it has the SP number. In the dead wax. Does the quad marked copy have QU or SP in the dead wax? Also, if the quad marked record is actually a seperate quad version, are there any that have the quad record but are unmarked on the sleeve/label?

Once again, please only answer if you know for sure.

So. I would prefer someone answers this that has both versions of the LP and really knows the answer for sure. I've seen conflicting posts on the boards.

Are all the Ode Tommys quad or is there actually a stereo and quad LP. I know the number for the quad marked one starts with QU, and the stereo is SP 99001. I have a stereo one, and it has the SP number. In the dead wax. Does the quad marked copy have QU or SP in the dead wax? Also, if the quad marked record is actually a seperate quad version, are there any that have the quad record but are unmarked on the sleeve/label?

Once again, please only answer if you know for sure.
There were no quad sleeves. All quads had a sticker only. That's why I never bought one, I was forever looking for an actual quad jacket, never to find what didn't exist.

Larry Geller said:
There were no quad sleeves. All quads had a sticker only. That's why I never bought one, I was forever looking for an actual quad jacket, never to find what didn't exist.

What I want to know though, is if the uad stickered edition actully has different records than the unstickered, or if even the unstickered "stereo" ones are quad. Do the quad versions say QU on the vinyl or SP?

Mine says QU on the discs, both on the label and the dead vinyl.

there are two ode versions...the quad and the stereo.the quad is a different mix...seems to have more echo.
the quad has different writing on label to tell you it's quad...outside box has a sticker on it.
I have both versions...

Back