Anti-Shocker Log: QQ Members' All-Time Best Bargain Prices on SACDs & DVDAs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Skherbeck - Make sure ya thank Skindzier for the link :banana:

Dude you are gonna love the Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning - brought a smile to my face when me heard it.

There some other great songs on here also - if you do not have some of those releases already. Great price tooooooo - check it out other listings on Ebay are 40 and above:yikes

For anyone who doesn't have the Van Morrison Moondance set, Amazon Italy has it for EUR 28,25. It comes to less than $40 including shipping to the USA. I've never grabbed this one as I'm not really a fan. I was tempted though given its reputation. I had it in the cart ready to check out, but then it dawned on me what an expensive two months November/December will be with other releases so I didn't pull the trigger. Maybe I'll snag it further down the road.....

For anyone who doesn't have the Van Morrison Moondance set, Amazon Italy has it for EUR 28,25. It comes to less than $40 including shipping to the USA. I've never grabbed this one as I'm not really a fan. I was tempted though given its reputation. I had it in the cart ready to check out, but then it dawned on me what an expensive two months November/December will be with other releases so I didn't pull the trigger. Maybe I'll snag it further down the road.....

Let me mention something for you to consider...if you don't like the music on Moondance I can understand that...BUT if you are undecided and think you might want to buy it in the future..you better get it now....it's still available now but in the near future it won't be...or it will be like trying to get a cheap copy of Avalon... which would be like trying to find a virgin in a brothel ...although buying releases as soon as they come out is the trendy thing to do....when you are trying to build a collection...buying the older titles first makes more sense...these new releases will be around for a couple of years...these older titles won't be...just my thoughts/advice...btw...I love moondance and it's a superb disc...and you don't have to go to Italy to get one close to that price HERE...and if you hurry there is one HERE...another source is this forum...sometimes members have one's for sale...just start a thread and tell the members what you are looking for....never hurts to ask:)

I found a sealed copy of the Guitar Shorty SACD on JSP for $14.99 recently in a used store.
Lowest price new copy I can seen on-line is $60

I found Bryan Ferry Boys And Girls SACD today for 7.49. Didn't know what the title was when I spotted it because I went off the shape of the case. Half Price Books has treated me well lately because I finally got my missing Elton (Madman) last week for 6.49. Merry Day After Christmas, Scott

Just picked up Uriah Heep - Magic Night for $34 off Amazon US. This would be a nominal price for a new release, but this one is out of print and often trades for bigger dollars. There is another one for $44 right now, and that is the next cheapest I have ever seen.

By the way, while the mix is not highly discrete, there is more than just audience/ambience in the rears. Seems like the keyboards are biased to the rears at times, and guitar solos are also strong in the fronts and rears. Vocals more biased to the fronts, and audience is strongly biased to the rears, so there is some feeling of separation.

The other unique thing about this title is that there is no Redbook option. There is an official DVD, but no CD other than SACD.

Two weeks ago I got the Concord Jazz Sampler Vol. 2 MC SACD (2004) on Amazon for $7.19.
Not a clunker to be found, and a great track from Karrin Allyson, who grew up and studied just up the road from here.

It had the desired effect (12 years late), as I immediately got on eBay and bought Jack McDuff / Joey DeFrancesco (new from China).

Prices on Amazon seem to be a moving target lately.
It's now up to $9.99, but the Yes blu ray I bought at the same time has dropped four bucks.

Back