Any Laurie Anderson fans here?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also on Soundcloud:

Thanks for the Soundcloud link. Initially it gave me a "not found" error, but then I realized the forward slash character after "wesufm" was rendered as %2F -- once I changed that to / in the browser address bar, it worked.

This is by no means a complaint, just posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue! Thanks again.

Thanks for the Soundcloud link. Initially it gave me a "not found" error, but then I realized the forward slash character after "wesufm" was rendered as %2F -- once I changed that to / in the browser address bar, it worked.

This is by no means a complaint, just posting in case anyone else runs into the same issue! Thanks again.

Weird. Seems to be a function of how XenForo transforms a Soundcloud URL into a "media" link. I've gone back and corrected that in the original post. Thanks for the heads-up. Lovely show to listen to in the wee hours, by the way!

Four-page story in the May Uncut on the Big Science reissue. Anyone here get the digital edition?
1616775727350.png

Really wish she would release Home of the Brave on Blu-ray
There's a guy I just recently discovered on YouTube that does amazing restorations of older material, apparently as a hobby (with any proceeds given to the artists). He has an astonishingly good version of Home of the Brave posted:

I have no idea what his source is, but given there was only a VHS and LaserDisc version released, I'm assuming that's what he used. Unless Laurie gets around to going back to the film master for a reissue, this may be as good as it'll get.

It's worth browsing his video archive; there lots of great stuff there: Genesis, Talking Heads, Kate Bush and more...

There's a guy I just recently discovered on YouTube that does amazing restorations of older material, apparently as a hobby (with any proceeds given to the artists). He has an astonishingly good version of Home of the Brave posted:

I have no idea what his source is, but given there was only a VHS and LaserDisc version released, I'm assuming that's what he used. Unless Laurie gets around to going back to the film master for a reissue, this may be as good as it'll get.

It's worth browsing his video archive; there lots of great stuff there: Genesis, Talking Heads, Kate Bush and more...

Wow--fabulous channel!

Back