Any Record/CD Stores With A Quadraphonic/Surround System In Use?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a store in Petaluma, California called The Music Coop that used a Sansui quad receiver for their in-store play. But I don't think I've been there since 1997, I can't remember how many speakers they had hooked up and they apparently have moved to Ashland, Oregon.
I have a friend who own a record shop (Tigers and Daggers) here in Merced, Ca. He has a quad reciever for his shop music.

My niece (in college) and nephew (senior in high school) are both into vinyl. Before covid , I would visit them in Lincoln, CA. and we would go out and hit the record shops from Sac to Rocklin. There always seemed to be more young than older people in the shops.
But they both did not know about quad. My nephew came and visited the other day (mask, hand washing and sd) . We played some vinyl and 8 track (P.F. DSOTM UK version) quad stuff. He was amazed! I sent him home with a Sansui QRX 7001 , a Sansui FR 3080 tt. He is coming back for the speakers. Also a couple of records . He already has it set up and using it (using other speakers till then). He loves listening to the records.
My 28 and 38 year old daughters both have systems I gifted to them and also enjoy the analog sound.
I think most young people are living too fast to be able to sit and really listen to music. I see music these days as background music to life. My opinion
AWESOME job - one more in the club, you deserve 4 Gold Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟 !!!

My niece (in college) and nephew (senior in high school) are both into vinyl. Before covid , I would visit them in Lincoln, CA. and we would go out and hit the record shops from Sac to Rocklin. There always seemed to be more young than older people in the shops.
But they both did not know about quad. My nephew came and visited the other day (mask, hand washing and sd) . We played some vinyl and 8 track (P.F. DSOTM UK version) quad stuff. He was amazed! I sent him home with a Sansui QRX 7001 , a Sansui FR 3080 tt. He is coming back for the speakers. Also a couple of records . He already has it set up and using it (using other speakers till then). He loves listening to the records.
My 28 and 38 year old daughters both have systems I gifted to them and also enjoy the analog sound.
I think most young people are living too fast to be able to sit and really listen to music. I see music these days as background music to life. My opinion
Congratulations to your nephew. He picked out a pretty damn great uncle to have!

Congratulations to your nephew. He picked out a pretty damn great uncle to have!

Thanks. But the other way around. He's a great nephew. I was just recently in ICU for two weeks and for a while there , I thought there was a possibility of not leaving the hospital. That reminded me of what is really important in my life. Anyway , he is a cool kid with a lot on his shoulders . So why not.

We don't have any of our inventory listed online, we want to be like stores used to be, with the good stuff actually in the store. Nonetheless, our web page is www.xro.com. We really don't do much with it
I understand your reasoning here, but would be great to consider maybe a thread on the QQ (not sure if that sort of thing is allowed) with some of your more rare/sought after titles your’re selling. Would probably get a decent amount of response here. Shipping is always difficult IMO, but I wouldn’t mind if a seller offered to split the cost of shipping provided their profit margin didn’t suffer too much.

I understand your reasoning here, but would be great to consider maybe a thread on the QQ (not sure if that sort of thing is allowed) with some of your more rare/sought after titles your’re selling. Would probably get a decent amount of response here. Shipping is always difficult IMO, but I wouldn’t mind if a seller offered to split the cost of shipping provided their profit margin didn’t suffer too much.
How about a thread in the QQ Swap Meet ?

There was a store in Petaluma, California called The Music Coop that used a Sansui quad receiver for their in-store play. But I don't think I've been there since 1997, I can't remember how many speakers they had hooked up and they apparently have moved to Ashland, Oregon.

I went to their Ashland location a few times over the years. Lovely place. Don't recall anything about a quad receiver, though...

I went to their Ashland location a few times over the years. Lovely place. Don't recall anything about a quad receiver, though...

I love Ashland and if things weren't so crazy right now I'd jump in the car and check it out.

The last time I was in the Petaluma location, one of the only other shoppers was Emmylou Harris. We smiled at each other and I left it at that.

(Actually I wasn't sure...as I was checking out I asked "Was that...?" and it was.)

Back