Any Suggestions For Vintage Marantz Quad hardware and connections

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince380

Hi, new to the forum and will appreciate any thoughts and help. Loved quad in the 70's and still prefer it over the modern surround setup I have today.

I have my original equipment ... a Marantz 4270 with a SQA-2 adaptor installed, a Marantz CD-400B Demodulator and a Technics SL-1400 tt with a Super OM cartridge and Ortofon 10 Red stylus and a Technics SL-1100A tt with the same cartridge and stylus. Back in the 70's I used the SL-1100A with a Shure V15 type III cartridge connected to the 4270 (without the demodulator) and used the SQ or Vari Matrix depending on playing quad or stereo LP' and Vari Matrix for CD-4 quad formats.. The Shure cartridge has disappeared over the years. For CD-4 play should I acquire a new type stylus or a new cartridge with Shibata type stylus? I have connected the system and when playing a CD-4 or QuadraDisc LP, the RADAR light on the Marantz Demodulator illuminates and the system sounds pretty good with decent separation between the 4 speakers. Any suggestions on an currently available suitable CD-4 cartridge and stylus will be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back