Anybody going to the KC gig on July 30th in Dallas?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since the NOLA one was one of the ones that fell victim to the 2021 reschedule I am venturing to the one in Dallas.

Any of you remember the movie "High FIdelity" where Jack Black(?) says to a guy who is going to wear a TShirt of the band he is seeing "Don't be that guy!"?...well, I AM going to be that guy but I will take it a step further, I won't wear a TShirt... I will wear a suit and tie like they do onstage!

I know I did when I saw them in Denver in 2018, and I swear I was the only one in the audience... got a pic, not very clear but follow the orange arrow...
gbow21bdenver copy.jpg

High Fidelity , a great little film.

Your post made me wonder , the last rock show I attended. Although I had mostly stopped by then , a Bob Dylan freak , friend of mine dragged me to a Dylan concert in St. Louis October 29 , 1978. I was glad he did because he blew the roof off the place.

Since the NOLA one was one of the ones that fell victim to the 2021 reschedule I am venturing to the one in Dallas.

Any of you remember the movie "High FIdelity" where Jack Black(?) says to a guy who is going to wear a TShirt of the band he is seeing "Don't be that guy!"?...well, I AM going to be that guy but I will take it a step further, I won't wear a TShirt... I will wear a suit and tie like they do onstage!

I know I did when I saw them in Denver in 2018, and I swear I was the only one in the audience... got a pic, not very clear but follow the orange arrow...
View attachment 69193

Fiddler's Green in Mile High City this tour for me.

I'm in that pic from the Paramount 2019 also, its been my wallpaper for two years, cool to see you over on the aisle. :geek:

I'm fourth row center, behind black cap guy, in front of tie-dye guy.

davewave~gbow21bdenver.jpeg

You got cropped a little in the official shot from Tony's perch, but visible.

My F&F upgrade landed me fourth row center.
When I saw Levin taking the audience picture I tried to hold my hands up to my face like the inner gatefold painting of ITCOTKC so I could find myself.

IMG_1588.jpg

davewave~faud4denver.jpeg

This is pretty serious, Gav stating that this may be the LAST tour of this lineup!!!!!

To quote Charlie Brown;

iu

we always take these groups for granted but most of us forget we are mere mortals and sometime , hopefully later than sooner, we must shuffle off this mortal coil...or to Buffalo, it depends on your karma ;)

Did you see this one from Jakko?

King Crimson’s Jakko Jaksyzk talks music, history, firsts and lasts

Crimson is – apparently – the first major performing act to leave the pandemic-choked U.K. for an American sweep.

And, Jaksyzk points out, both Fripp and (American) bassist Tony Levin are 75. So while it’s a first, it might very well be a last, too.

“Touring is kind of a young man’s game – it’s not the gigs, it’s the actual traveling,” he points out. “So whatever you think of Crimson, this version is an extraordinary thing to behold. I would take the opportunity to see this, because I think it’s unlikely that you’ll see it again.

“It’s not officially a farewell tour. I don’t think anybody wants to do that, because I think it looks crass. But the reality is I think it’s unlikely that we will play America again. We’re slated to play Japan later in this year, we’ll see what happens in light of the current situation. But there are no plans beyond the end of this year.”

Further down he explains, again, the challenges in mixing Brain Salad Surgery in 5.1.

Fiddler's Green in Mile High City this tour for me.

I'm in that pic from the Paramount 2019 also, its been my wallpaper for two years, cool to see you over on the aisle. :geek:

I'm fourth row center, behind black cap guy, in front of tie-dye guy.

View attachment 69275

You got cropped a little in the official shot from Tony's perch, but visible.

My F&F upgrade landed me fourth row center.
When I saw Levin taking the audience picture I tried to hold my hands up to my face like the inner gatefold painting of ITCOTKC so I could find myself.

View attachment 69277

View attachment 69276
Awesome sauce!!! you were there!!!

Back