Anybody have GREAT things to say about SONY UBP X800E?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Does anyone have GREAT experiences with the SONY UBP X800E player? (I know that there have been some issues with HOMEMADE discs) I'm looking for a reliable 4K universal player that plays all MANUFACTURED discs in all formats, without forking out upwards of $4-5k for an OPPO 205. Your help in this matter would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :bowing: :):QQlove

Great 4K player and universal plays everything manufactured. My only criticism is it does lock up on occasion (both video and audio discs) and then you have to power down and sometimes unplug and plug back in.
Even with MANUFACTURED SILVER discs? Also do you need any other conversion cables etc. to be able to watch your INTERNATIONAL videos on a regular NTSC monitor/tv? Thanks again😀

Last edited:
Even with MANUFACTURED SILVER discs? Also do you need any other conversion cables etc. to be able to watch your INTERNATIONAL videos on a regular NTSC monitor/tv? Thanks again😀
I don’t have any international discs so cannot speak to that. Would recommend bringing a few discs to Best Buy and try them out on the player. That would provide a definitive answer.

I have a first-gen X800 that I use for daily heavy duty (streaming services, movies, and CDs) in the living room--but when it's already on, I also use it for SACD and DVD-A, rather than go to the trouble of turning on the Oppo. It's been in service for over two years, and my experience echoes Eric's: every once in a while it freezes up for no clear reason. Usually when the kid has left Netflix paused and then walked away for an hour or more. Only solution is to unplug and replug, and, if there's a disc in the drawer, hit "eject" just as it's powering up.

I have a first-gen X800 that I use for daily heavy duty (streaming services, movies, and CDs) in the living room--but when it's already on, I also use it for SACD and DVD-A, rather than go to the trouble of turning on the Oppo. It's been in service for over two years, and my experience echoes Eric's: every once in a while it freezes up for no clear reason. Usually when the kid has left Netflix paused and then walked away for an hour or more. Only solution is to unplug and replug, and, if there's a disc in the drawer, hit "eject" just as it's powering up.
Thanks😀

Great 4K player and universal plays everything manufactured. My only criticism is it does lock up on occasion (both video and audio discs) and then you have to power down and sometimes unplug and plug back in.

Eric-
I have the Sony UBP-X1100ES Ultra HD Blu-ray player and it does the same thing. Occasionally it locks up and the only way to clear it is to unplug/plug it back in. For what I paid for this unit it should not be doing that. Its a great unit that plays all my various disc types and sounds awesome on the positive side :).

Eric-
I have the Sony UBP-X1100ES Ultra HD Blu-ray player and it does the same thing. Occasionally it locks up and the only way to clear it is to unplug/plug it back in. For what I paid for this unit it should not be doing that. Its a great unit that plays all my various disc types and sounds awesome on the positive side :).
From what I've read the UBP-X1100ES is NOT a Region Free player. Yes or no?

I dont have $4-6k to buy one......if someone wants to donate one, I'll accept :ROFLMAO:

You can always sell a kidney [you only need ONE] and tell the folks at SONY to PISS OFF!

See the source image

FOR SALE.........OPPO~rtunity Knocks!

Last edited:
I dont have $4-6k to buy one......if someone wants to donate one, I'll accept :ROFLMAO:
If you start selling your blood now a pint a month you will have enough money to put a down payment for a Christmas layaway. You could also throw in your extra kidney.
And you do have two eyes...

Don't disappoint your fellow QQrs with a cheap inferior substitute.

If you start selling your blood now a pint a month you will have enough money to put a down payment for a Christmas layaway. You could also throw in your extra kidney.
And you do have two eyes...

Don't disappoint your fellow QQrs with a cheap inferior substitute.

Jeff, wonder how much I could get for my TWO extra ears?

Back