AnyDVD Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tip for using MakeMKV:

When you open the disc in MakeMKV you will see several Titles in a treeview. Look at each title and you will see number of chapters and audio tracks with codec info. From this data you can see which contains the title that contains what you want (e.g. 10 chapters with DTS-HDMA which is the album in lossless audio).

Just select the title(s) you want to convert. Rip those to MKV.

Now open Music Media Helper and use the Convert MKV to FLAC tool on each MKV. Use the Find Artist and Album search in the MKV to FLAC dialog to find the album and its tracks and load the tag info then Convert to FLAC.

Garry

I am so frustrated, I did a standard windows update Monday and now my Network shares are all out of wack. In my windows explorer tab, lower left side, there is the Network icon which before the windows update had a drop down box and all my shared files where there, NUC, MediaVault, etc and now gone, the stuff is still there when I double click, and JRiver works, etc but much harder to drag and drop now, easier before. Frustrated.
Anybody else have this problem after a windows update?

I am starting and I have installed the Pioneer ripper machine.
My first question, do I need to install the provided with the Pioneer software disc called Media Suite 10?
Or will the DVD audio extractor and MakeKkv be good enough?

I am starting and I have installed the Pioneer ripper machine.
My first question, do I need to install the provided with the Pioneer software disc called Media Suite 10?
Or will the DVD audio extractor and MakeKkv be good enough?
If I recall, you do not need Media Suite....

What disc and what format do you think you'll try first? I'll hang around here and can help you out if needed. Obviously, others can too..

What disc and what format do you think you'll try first? I'll hang around here and can help you out if needed. Obviously, others can too..

OK, I have just downloaded sucessfully DVD audio extractor, which recognizes the Pioneer, so far so good, now going to take my first test with DVD Audio Doobie Brothers Captain and Me.

When done I assume I drag and drop from My Documents to the NAS, import to JRiver and hopefully I can tag manually or is that where or do I open in MakeMKV? Or do I straight right from the beginning at Makemkv? Going to down load that now.

OK, the DVDAE has recognized the disc only title, Captain And Me, and Tracks, not named, and resolution, MLP (96Khz 24bit 6Channel).
Usually, before I go forward with no track titles, I click in the upper right corner - can't recall what it's called, but you can do a lookup and sometimes it will suck in the titles...

When done I assume I drag and drop from My Documents to the NAS, import to JRiver and hopefully I can tag manually or is that where or do I open in MakeMKV? Or do I straight right from the beginning at Makemkv? Going to down load that now.
No, MakeMKV is just an alternate way of ripping a disc. I always use Extractor first because I find it easier. If it will not recognize a disc, then I try MKV. There are literally dozens of ways to tag the files, my first choice is to see if Extractor can find them...see my previous post.

OK, disc rip completed, now I will put in JRiver and see how it plays that is first priority, then I gather from what you are saying, and thank you for your time by the way, I can use the two sources before ripping to see what gives the best tagging option.

Yes, :SB. Success, I was very nervous but my first rip plays beautifully and that is the bottom line. 5.1 at PCM 96Khz, perfect. What I didn't get was the name of songs on track list. Now just have to go through the learning curve steps, thanks Gene.

Reactions: GOS
OK, disc rip completed, now I will put in JRiver and see how it plays that is first priority, then I gather from what you are saying, and thank you for your time by the way, I can use the two sources before ripping to see what gives the best tagging option.
MKV doesn't do tagging...I don't think. I use Extractor first, and maybe 50% of the time, it pops in the tags (song names anyway)....when it doesn't, I go ahead and rip then I personally use Tag & Rename. Can't recall if it's free or if I paid...but I love it. Why? Because I know how to use it...which did take some time. But now, I'm pretty good at it.

Tag & Rename cost me $31. I'm pretty sure paying for a tag service should be last resort as I'm sure there are ways to do it for free. Maybe Homer's helper program would work. I haven't tried that yet.

Dumb question, but I assume the same process for Blu Ray discs and DTS discs?
Blu-ray discs (for the most part) only work with Extractor if you have another program that will deal with encrypted discs....unfortunately, I paid for that one too. So, if you don't want to do that, that is where MakeMKV comes into the picture. It easily handles blu-rays......but you will find the learning curve on it to be a lot more intense than Extractor....but again, once you figure it out....

Usually, before I go forward with no track titles, I click in the upper right corner - can't recall what it's called, but you can do a lookup and sometimes it will suck in the titles...

Yes, this worked well. It writes to My Documents, wondering if I can have it write to another folder?

Back