Quantcast

Anyone have issues with Import CDs purchases?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I've rarely had problems with ImportCD and their sister company Deep Discount and if any arose, they were easily resolved. I find their prices on music discs, most especially SACDs*, pretty amazing, sometimes WAAAYYY cheaper than Amazon and some of the other music boutique companies.

Those who place a current order from ImportCD might want to sign up for their newsletter and they will give you a temporary code via email for an additional 10% off which helps defray s/h and sales tax charges.

*EXCEPT MoFi Stereo SACDs in which they 'inexplicably raised their prices to $38 ...... almost $8 above RETAIL!!!!!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yes it is correct.

I'm going to reward Bull Moose today with a Bully Big order (the only caveat to Bull Moose is to get their search capabilities up to snuff, some of these titles from several basic searches, just wouldn't pull up on their site "Locate Awesomeness"- not so much, so had to come back to our glorious QQ to get the proper links 😒)
Probably pay a bit more, but I like their service overall.
Sorry importCDs 😏

View attachment 55633
Do you get the little artistic pun with Paul S. and "art" not available... ha ha.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
One of the things I adore about ImportCD is their VERY fair prices on all those LIMITED EDITION Universal Hong Kong Stereo SACD Imports...90% of which are PRESSED in JAPAN [a few in the EU].

They're sonically superb and most contain between 18~21+ Tracks superbly remastered from the analogue masters. And all are packaged in Super Audio Casing.

Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds are charging upward of $40 per disc. ImportCD's prices are all under $29 +s/h/tax. and if you utilize their 10% off coupon by signing up for their newsletter the prices are less than you'd pay for a MoFi or AP Stereo SACD with roughly half the content.

One of my absolute FAVS:

And another with 23 superbly remastered Tracks

Two of Universal HK latest Stereo SACDs:

And another VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION

Last edited:

yawitz

I did my first return with them last week, the 2nd BR in my Empath set had a problem.
Can you say more about what problem you found with the BR? I'm about to order this set, and wondered if this is a sign of a more widespread defect...

Marplot

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The Empath Documentary would not play properly on my BR, nor extract via MakeMKV. I have not heard a peep anywhere so it is just my misfortune. My second will be here shortly and if there are issues I will mention it.
You do want this though, I do not know enough phrases to cover what I think of it.
The only negative comments are the volume is low, which it is, but there is a button for that and that the acoustic set isn't longer but that is an observation and not a negative.

Mediaversal

I have ordered from ImportCDs dozens of times, and other than slow shipments, I have had no issues. I use PayPal, print the order confirmation, patiently wait. I have three open items with them now, and I believe all have shipped. I do get the confirmation emails when the item is on its way.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I ordered 3 SACDs from Import CDs on Saturday morning. My PayPal was charged, but I never got a confirmation email about the order. I waited until Monday morning and logged in to see that in "my orders" on their site, it's blank. I sent a note through their site and finally heard back from them late in the day yesterday (Wednesday.) They asked for my name and address (which I had already provided in my original note.)

Is this typical for them? S L O W service? There's no phone number on the site.

I hesitate to contact PayPal to dispute the charge, but this is a little crazy.

Anyone have some insight into them? Thank you
That doesn't surprise me in the least bit, more often then not, I've almost had issues with EVERY order ive ever made with them, that is why I RARELY deal with them at all, and when I do is because the PRICE is too good to refuse....but that BARELY EVER HAPPENS....stay away!!!

hafquark

I have not ordered anything recently, but I've placed orders for many dozens of items through ImportCDs and DeepDiscount over the years. There have been a couple of times when I had to do a refund or a back-order was canceled. They can take a day or so to reply to emails, but they have never failed to correct the problem.

The shipping is sometimes a bit slow, but that's easily made up for by their low prices (except on MFSL SACDs as mentioned earlier, which used to be much lower than other sites but are now on average way higher.)

gvl_guy

300 Club - QQ All-Star
So this is VERY strange. I got an email from my credit card company when I made the purchase -- just like I get when I make any purchase that charges to the card. BUT ---
When I log onto my credit card account (and also to my PayPal account,) no charge shows. So I guess the purchase never went through. :SB I'm dizzy.

I even called the credit card company. They couldn't explain it. So, all settled - I suppose. :unsure:

EricKalet

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
No issues here, ordered A Farewell To Kings Deluxe, fair price and received it a few days later.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
So this is VERY strange. I got an email from my credit card company when I made the purchase -- just like I get when I make any purchase that charges to the card. BUT ---
When I log onto my credit card account (and also to my PayPal account,) no charge shows. So I guess the purchase never went through. :SB I'm dizzy.

I even called the credit card company. They couldn't explain it. So, all settled - I suppose. :unsure:
During a normal transaction(not paypal)the merchant sometimes checks your credit card to see if there is enough room for the purchase...so it ends up in your pending transactions....on your credit card account..... for a period of time and then is finalized when the item is shipped...but with "pure" Pay Pal(direct from your pay pal balance or checking account)the transaction is finalized before it ships...

yawitz

During a normal transaction(not paypal)the merchant sometimes checks your credit card to see if there is enough room for the purchase...so it ends up in your pending transactions....on your credit card account..... for a period of time and then is finalized when the item is shipped...but with "pure" Pay Pal(direct from your pay pal balance or checking account)the transaction is finalized before it ships...
Same here, and not just with ImportCDs. What they do is put a "hold" on the account to make sure the funds are spoken for, but the charge doesn't actually happen until the item ships. This means that if the item doesn't ship during the current billing cycle, you won't be charged in that cycle (and the hold continues into the next one).

The way it is reported by credit card companies (for me, at least) can be confusing, but I had a conversation with a customer service person a while ago who explained this.