Anyone have issues with Import CDs purchases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvl_guy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Greenville, SC (via NJ, Philly, ATL & SoFL)
I ordered 3 SACDs from Import CDs on Saturday morning. My PayPal was charged, but I never got a confirmation email about the order. I waited until Monday morning and logged in to see that in "my orders" on their site, it's blank. I sent a note through their site and finally heard back from them late in the day yesterday (Wednesday.) They asked for my name and address (which I had already provided in my original note.)

Is this typical for them? S L O W service? There's no phone number on the site.

I hesitate to contact PayPal to dispute the charge, but this is a little crazy.

Anyone have some insight into them? Thank you

that sucks. My email receipts and paypal email are always within 10 minutes of each other. Now the actual shipping varies without rhyme or reason.

I have ordered from them a lot. I have never experienced an issue like that. Their customer service is not great and they are not that fast on shipping, but I always get a confirmation email within minutes of ordering.

I just placed an order with them and almost all seemed normal. I did have a drama where it would only accept my details if it had the City, State, Zipcode twice (their suggestion). But I did get a confirmation email and I can see my order details on their website

I ordered 3 SACDs from Import CDs on Saturday morning. My PayPal was charged, but I never got a confirmation email about the order. I waited until Monday morning and logged in to see that in "my orders" on their site, it's blank. I sent a note through their site and finally heard back from them late in the day yesterday (Wednesday.) They asked for my name and address (which I had already provided in my original note.)

Is this typical for them? S L O W service? There's no phone number on the site.

I hesitate to contact PayPal to dispute the charge, but this is a little crazy.

Anyone have some insight into them? Thank you
Whenever I order from companies like importCDs or bullmoose etc., Iā€™ll print out a paper copy of the order from their site and may also print to a pdf for my computer into an order folder, so I have an order number to refer back to. I donā€™t worry too much about Amazon orders, they tend to keep you informed by email every step of the way.

Iā€™ll need to check my latest importCD order and see if they ever sent any email confirmation. If you paid by PayPal, theyā€™ll send you an email receipt and you can log into your PayPal account and check also. ImportCDs do seem to be inconsistent and slow from my experience, but I donā€™t remember ever ā€œnotā€ getting an order eventually.

I did my first return with them last week, the 2nd BR in my Empath set had a problem. It was painless, other than it is now on backorder and I had to look around quite a bit to find a copy not at the Amazon price. (LaserCD won). They refunded without any issues.

I've never had an issue with them. I've ordered about a dozen times. I never had a need to contact their CS, but this is not the first time I've read on this forum that it is slow.

Whenever I order from companies like importCDs or bullmoose etc., Iā€™ll print out a paper copy of the order from their site and may also print to a pdf for my computer into an order folder, so I have an order number to refer back to. I donā€™t worry too much about Amazon orders, they tend to keep you informed by email every step of the way.

I do something similar, I do a print screen and then print it to PDF. So i have an electronic copy.

Same story for me. Used them for years and as recently as Barclay James Harvsst purchase. Never had an issue and always received order confirmation email nearly immediately.

Iā€™ll need to check my latest importCD order and see if they ever sent any email confirmation. If you paid by PayPal, theyā€™ll send you an email receipt and you can log into your PayPal account and check also. ImportCDs do seem to be inconsistent and slow from my experience, but I donā€™t remember ever ā€œnotā€ getting an order eventually.
It's odd. I never got even a confirmation on the website that it went through. But the amount was charged to my credit card through PayPal. Must be a glitch in their system

It's odd. I never got even a confirmation on the website that it went through. But the amount was charged to my credit card through PayPal. Must be a glitch in their system
I have used them dozens of times. I had an issue like this one time. I placed a large order and I noticed a few weeks later that I hadn't received anything. In my order history, no record of the order was on file. All I had was my PayPal receipt email. Check your order # on that. It should end in "SA". My problematic order ended in"SD"....which according to Import Cds should never exist. After sending them snapshots of my PayPal receipt they did refund my money. But it took several emails since my order had been created in a black hole apparently.

I haven't used them that often, but I've never had any problems at all. I ordered the Tears for Fears set the other day and the email notification came right away followed a minute later by the PayPal notification.

I lieu of a paper copy, you can print the order details to a PDF or take a screen shot just in case you experience issues with the email notification.

I have used them a lot...always got what I ordered...no problems...I'm more patient than most on here when it comes to shipping...sometimes it takes a little longer but that doesn't bother me..

I haven't used them that often, but I've never had any problems at all. I ordered the Tears for Fears set the other day and the email notification came right away followed a minute later by the PayPal notification.

I lieu of a paper copy, you can print the order details to a PDF or take a screen shot just in case you experience issues with the email notification.
Never got even anything so that I could have taken a screenshot. Just the charge to my PayPal account

Just checked my last two purchased from importCDs:
12/27/2019 & 07/14/2020
Didn't get any emails ever about these orders from what I can see and they both ended in "SA" šŸ˜ 
The orders did arrive without issue though.

Is your email address with them correct?
There is a check box to send updates, no idea what that means since mine is not checked and I always get an order email, my paypal payment email and then a shipping notice with the tracking number.

Is your email address with them correct?
There is a check box to send updates, no idea what that means since mine is not checked and I always get an order email, my paypal payment email and then a shipping notice with the tracking number.
Yes it is correct.

I'm going to reward Bull Moose today with a Bully Big order (the only caveat to Bull Moose is to get their search capabilities up to snuff, some of these titles from several basic searches, just wouldn't pull up on their site "Locate Awesomeness"- not so much, so had to come back to our glorious QQ to get the proper links šŸ˜’)
Probably pay a bit more, but I like their service overall.
Sorry importCDs šŸ˜

BULLY ORDER-BM.jpg

I've had problems with them through the years, but nothing like what you're describing. Their customer service does leave a lot to be desired. No phone, just email w/ a day or two lapse and they don't always address the issue directly, so it takes a lot of back and forth. Definitely requires patience.

I had stopped using them because even though they often have the best prices, the frustrations weren't worth the trouble. But I keep trying. Just used them since they had a good price on the only available Elton John I hadn't gotten. Added a few things that were at great prices, like BIA sacd (under $10!!) and Relayer dvd-a, both of which I bought b/c I expect they will soon be oop and become valuable (already have my own copies). Also got the blus fpr Close to the Edge and Fragile to complement my dvd-a's.

But CttE was on backorder and they cancelled it almost immediately and refunded my money. Then it was in stock the next day?!?!? I'm in the middle of communicating w/ them to get it for the price refunded, since it was 10$ off w/ coupon and reduced shipping due to multiple items ordered.

They've been pretty hit and miss for me. Esp problematic w/ back-ordered items. Use w/ caution is my advice.

Back