Anyone have issues with Import CDs purchases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've rarely had problems with ImportCD and their sister company Deep Discount and if any arose, they were easily resolved. I find their prices on music discs, most especially SACDs*, pretty amazing, sometimes WAAAYYY cheaper than Amazon and some of the other music boutique companies.

Those who place a current order from ImportCD might want to sign up for their newsletter and they will give you a temporary code via email for an additional 10% off which helps defray s/h and sales tax charges.

*EXCEPT MoFi Stereo SACDs in which they 'inexplicably raised their prices to $38 ...... almost $8 above RETAIL!!!!!

Yes it is correct.

I'm going to reward Bull Moose today with a Bully Big order (the only caveat to Bull Moose is to get their search capabilities up to snuff, some of these titles from several basic searches, just wouldn't pull up on their site "Locate Awesomeness"- not so much, so had to come back to our glorious QQ to get the proper links 😒)
Probably pay a bit more, but I like their service overall.
Sorry importCDs 😏

View attachment 55633
Do you get the little artistic pun with Paul S. and "art" not available... ha ha.

One of the things I adore about ImportCD is their VERY fair prices on all those LIMITED EDITION Universal Hong Kong Stereo SACD Imports...90% of which are PRESSED in JAPAN [a few in the EU].

They're sonically superb and most contain between 18~21+ Tracks superbly remastered from the analogue masters. And all are packaged in Super Audio Casing.

Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds are charging upward of $40 per disc. ImportCD's prices are all under $29 +s/h/tax. and if you utilize their 10% off coupon by signing up for their newsletter the prices are less than you'd pay for a MoFi or AP Stereo SACD with roughly half the content.

One of my absolute FAVS:

https://www.importcds.com/mcmxc-a-d-hybrid-sacd/600753671924
And another with 23 superbly remastered Tracks

https://www.importcds.com/all-the-great-hits-hybrid-sacd/600753841228
Two of Universal HK latest Stereo SACDs:

https://www.importcds.com/greatest-hits-hk-version-hybrid-sacd/600753921265
https://www.importcds.com/dont-you-want-me-the-collection-hybrid-sacd/600753920244
And another VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION

https://www.importcds.com/memory-lane-hybrid-sacd/600753906996

Last edited:
I did my first return with them last week, the 2nd BR in my Empath set had a problem.

Can you say more about what problem you found with the BR? I'm about to order this set, and wondered if this is a sign of a more widespread defect...

The Empath Documentary would not play properly on my BR, nor extract via MakeMKV. I have not heard a peep anywhere so it is just my misfortune. My second will be here shortly and if there are issues I will mention it.
You do want this though, I do not know enough phrases to cover what I think of it.
The only negative comments are the volume is low, which it is, but there is a button for that and that the acoustic set isn't longer but that is an observation and not a negative.

I ordered 3 SACDs from Import CDs on Saturday morning. My PayPal was charged, but I never got a confirmation email about the order. I waited until Monday morning and logged in to see that in "my orders" on their site, it's blank. I sent a note through their site and finally heard back from them late in the day yesterday (Wednesday.) They asked for my name and address (which I had already provided in my original note.)

Is this typical for them? S L O W service? There's no phone number on the site.

I hesitate to contact PayPal to dispute the charge, but this is a little crazy.

Anyone have some insight into them? Thank you
That doesn't surprise me in the least bit, more often then not, I've almost had issues with EVERY order ive ever made with them, that is why I RARELY deal with them at all, and when I do is because the PRICE is too good to refuse....but that BARELY EVER HAPPENS....stay away!!!

I have not ordered anything recently, but I've placed orders for many dozens of items through ImportCDs and DeepDiscount over the years. There have been a couple of times when I had to do a refund or a back-order was canceled. They can take a day or so to reply to emails, but they have never failed to correct the problem.

The shipping is sometimes a bit slow, but that's easily made up for by their low prices (except on MFSL SACDs as mentioned earlier, which used to be much lower than other sites but are now on average way higher.)

So this is VERY strange. I got an email from my credit card company when I made the purchase -- just like I get when I make any purchase that charges to the card. BUT ---
When I log onto my credit card account (and also to my PayPal account,) no charge shows. So I guess the purchase never went through. :SB I'm dizzy.

I even called the credit card company. They couldn't explain it. So, all settled - I suppose. :unsure:

So this is VERY strange. I got an email from my credit card company when I made the purchase -- just like I get when I make any purchase that charges to the card. BUT ---
When I log onto my credit card account (and also to my PayPal account,) no charge shows. So I guess the purchase never went through. :SB I'm dizzy.

I even called the credit card company. They couldn't explain it. So, all settled - I suppose. :unsure:

During a normal transaction(not paypal)the merchant sometimes checks your credit card to see if there is enough room for the purchase...so it ends up in your pending transactions....on your credit card account..... for a period of time and then is finalized when the item is shipped...but with "pure" Pay Pal(direct from your pay pal balance or checking account)the transaction is finalized before it ships...

During a normal transaction(not paypal)the merchant sometimes checks your credit card to see if there is enough room for the purchase...so it ends up in your pending transactions....on your credit card account..... for a period of time and then is finalized when the item is shipped...but with "pure" Pay Pal(direct from your pay pal balance or checking account)the transaction is finalized before it ships...
Same here, and not just with ImportCDs. What they do is put a "hold" on the account to make sure the funds are spoken for, but the charge doesn't actually happen until the item ships. This means that if the item doesn't ship during the current billing cycle, you won't be charged in that cycle (and the hold continues into the next one).

The way it is reported by credit card companies (for me, at least) can be confusing, but I had a conversation with a customer service person a while ago who explained this.

Does anyone know how reliable ImportCDs is with back orders?

I wanted a copy of Broadsword but see that it is out of stock and backordered with 14-45 days wait. I’m not desperate for this particular title.

I wanted a copy of Broadsword but see that it is out of stock and backordered with 14-45 days wait. I’m not desperate for this particular title.

I have successfully backordered with ImportCDs several times. I recall only one time they couldn't full-fill the order and refunded me, but I found that title elsewhere. Also, if I recall correctly the back-orders tend to ship closer to the earlier expected date. I have also been pre-ordering from them in batches, and they ship the items when they are available, which is typically a few days after the actual release date...

Funny you should ask, because I’ve been a satisfied customer up until this release. I pre-ordered Broadsword on July 17 (over six weeks prior to release) and did not receive it. The best they could do (evidently) is:

“We unfortunately do not have a shipping date available for this item. We will send you an email notification as soon as more information becomes available. Your credit card account will not be charged until the item is shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

I asked them to cancel. I’ll have it from Amazon in two days.

(I realize I didn’t really answer your question… sorry. I’m still kinda pissed off!)

Funny you should ask, because I’ve been a satisfied customer up until this release. I pre-ordered Broadsword on July 17 (over six weeks prior to release) and did not receive it. The best they could do (evidently) is:

“We unfortunately do not have a shipping date available for this item. We will send you an email notification as soon as more information becomes available. Your credit card account will not be charged until the item is shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

I asked them to cancel. I’ll have it from Amazon in two days.

(I realize I didn’t really answer your question… sorry. I’m still kinda pissed off!)
How strange. I ordered Broadsword and Rokflote about a week ago and got them on Friday. It makes you wonder how the orders are prioritized.

For the record, I've never had the slightest problem with import CD.

Given the title of this thread, could I ask if anyone's had issues in the last few days with the "Proceed to Payment" button for ImportCDs? I'm trying to pre-order Art Pepper's The Complete Maiden Voyage Recordings, but that button remains grey and non-functional, which it has never been before. They told me to delete my cookies, etc. (the usual IT replies), but no matter what I try and no matter what browser I use, or what other title I put in the cart, it's the same problem each time.

If some very nice QQer could maybe do a dummy run on an order just to see if the "Proceed to Payment" button is functional, I'd greatly appreciate it. That way I'd know if it's just me, or not. Cheers.

Given the title of this thread, could I ask if anyone's had issues in the last few days with the "Proceed to Payment" button for ImportCDs? I'm trying to pre-order Art Pepper's The Complete Maiden Voyage Recordings, but that button remains grey and non-functional, which it has never been before. They told me to delete my cookies, etc. (the usual IT replies), but no matter what I try and no matter what browser I use, or what other title I put in the cart, it's the same problem each time.

If some very nice QQer could maybe do a dummy run on an order just to see if the "Proceed to Payment" button is functional, I'd greatly appreciate it. That way I'd know if it's just me, or not. Cheers.
In checking out as a guest I had no problem. Using Firefox. The proceed to payment works & takes me to this next screen:

1693926610257.png

In checking out as a guest I had no problem. Using Firefox. The proceed to payment works & takes me to this next screen:

View attachment 95938
Thanks very much for doing that, much appreciated. I did as you did (as a guest) and the button became active......so I then logged in under my name, but changed it a few times on the shipping page and it finally recognised me properly. Weird.

The release date for the Art Pepper box set is a hell of a day (but in a good way). My calendar says it's now my fourth order due for shipping on Oct.13: Blu-rays of Floyd's DSotM, KC's Larks' Tongues, and Keith Emerson's massive box set.

But........October 13 is...........a Friday.

😟 😱

I just remembered that during my last order I had a tough time processing the payment using PayPal through ImportCDs. The address on my PayPal account was considered invalid, and in the past there was an option to select the one setup in my ImportCDs account. Anyway, after much fussing, I solved the issue by updating the address presented on the PayPal checkout screen, which then flowed back to ImportCDs as a valid address, which in turn then provided the updated shipping information and allowed me to process the order. Can't imagine what would happen for those with non conforming mailing addresses, such as rural routes.

Back