Anyone Planning on Attending AXPONA 2020?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene_stl

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Happy New Year to All,🙂

I went to AXPONA 2019, as part of my program, for getting caught up on audio, after being relatively inactive in the hobby. (I did use my stereo, buy some CDs, but bought no equipment for about 20 years)

One of the things I hoped to hear, was Dr. Mark Waldreps demo of AIX records. But he did not have a demo set up. Still it was enjoyable to meet him and chat.

If a few members of this forum were planning on being there it would help me decide to attend again this year.

Another question is, are any forum members aware of good Quad or MCH companies that attend Axpona or other shows. The MCH representation was not great last year with a couple of gimmicky demos and in the main it was Atmos setups which I wanted to be impressed with, but was not. I made it to a good percentage of the demo rooms, but it is pretty much impossible to get to all of them. If any forum members have recommendations for next year for companies to try and see I will try and have a list this time.

We could get together for dinner too.

Gene

I am going for the first time and a quick scan of the exhibitor list does not make me optimistic about MCH opportunities. OTOH, there should be a lot of interesting stuff anyway.

Happy New Year to All,🙂

I went to AXPONA 2019, as part of my program, for getting caught up on audio, after being relatively inactive in the hobby. (I did use my stereo, buy some CDs, but bought no equipment for about 20 years)

One of the things I hoped to hear, was Dr. Mark Waldreps demo of AIX records. But he did not have a demo set up. Still it was enjoyable to meet him and chat.

If a few members of this forum were planning on being there it would help me decide to attend again this year.

Another question is, are any forum members aware of good Quad or MCH companies that attend Axpona or other shows. The MCH representation was not great last year with a couple of gimmicky demos and in the main it was Atmos setups which I wanted to be impressed with, but was not. I made it to a good percentage of the demo rooms, but it is pretty much impossible to get to all of them. If any forum members have recommendations for next year for companies to try and see I will try and have a list this time.

We could get together for dinner too.

Gene
A good idea & a generous invitation. But I must send regrets as I am not currently researching any new audio gear & trying to control expenses. I'm hopeful that some other time we can meet up between me visiting Chicago & you perhaps in the KC area.

At any rate I would suggest people should check out the Audio Expo website & see what it's all about.

Edit: seems like this would be a good one for Involve to attend. Or perhaps their West Cost representatives.

I meant to also ask in the original post, are any forum members aware of any MCH or quad specific show? Especially in the Midwest.
I guess I might have to also research some HT shows or even CES.

There was a great deal of interesting stuff at AXPONA. There also was a lot of "audiophile" stuff in the derogatory sense of the word. There was one memorable snake oil salesman who kept trying to get me to look at his power line harmonic modifiers. I wanted to offer him a vaudeville hook.

There was one memorable snake oil salesman who kept trying to get me to look at his power line harmonic modifiers. I wanted to offer him a vaudeville hook.

Man I wish I was there. I would have jumped at the chance to tell him about how happy I am with my Hohner C20 Power line Harmonica Suppressors. Absolutely no even/odd order harmonicat distortion is audible.

I was just thinking about this. I'll be there (have gone to every one except I think the first one). Maybe if there are others we could have a meeting/listening session/party somewhere?

Last two years the only surround was in the Exasound room using their 8 channel DAC (which was on sale) in association with Native DSD Music. First I asked for a demo, but they couldn't get the music off of their I pad in multi channel to play. Then I asked if our Brian Moura was there to talk to, and was told he wouldn't be at the show. So I left. No multi channel? No interest!
There was one other room that had a multi channel set up, but was using stereo source classical material through a black box decoder that I had never seen or heard of before. When I asked about the decoder, they couldn't tell me anything about it. Wasn't impressed!

Exasound/Native DSD was also there at AXPONA 2018, and things were working then, but had nothing but classical (which I do like) and Jazz (which generally I don't like). They need to get either some pop multi channel, or classical that's NOT just ambient!

Back