Anyone with experience using Oppo BDP-103 to rip SACDs with Autorip who can help me?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impetigo

I used my Sony S590 blu-ray player to rip almost a hundred SACDs using Autorip with success except for two discs, which I want to try using my Oppo 103 to see if it can rip them. With my Sony, the two discs (Beyonce's Dangerously in Love and Blue Oyster Cult's Agents of Fortune) get ejected shortly after it the try auto closes. Tried it multiple times, no luck. I use the Autorip method that does not involve telnet or connecting to the network or anything. Just stick the drive in the machine, insert SACD and then remove disc when done and the new ISO is on the USB stick.

I have a 103 (with all region mod to the internal board) which I've heard can rip SACDs even with the all region mod. I downloaded the Oppo Autorip files/folder and put it on a USB stick that I've used with success on the Sony. I tried NTFS first and then Fat32 but I read that the Oppos work with NTFS, Fat32 and ExFAT (and eventually tried all three without success). I read that you don't need to insert the USB stick before you power on but I tried it before power on and after power with no change. I turned off autoplay and auto resume on the 103. When the USB stick is inserted (I tried both front and rear USB ports) the tray ejects but does not go back it by itself. I think this is normal so I then closed the try and hoped it was working but after waiting a couple hours (my USB drive's LED lights continued to rhythmically flash so I thought it was working) there was no ISO files on the stick (only a new folder with a couple of tiny files of some sort).

As mentioned, I tried with the USB stick formatted to NTFS, ExFat and Fat32. I tried with the front and rear USB ports. I tried with the USB inserted before power on and after power on/booting. Nothing seems to work. Anyone with any experience with this who could help me figure out what's going wrong? Maybe I should make a hifihaven account and ask MikeyFresh and others there?

Most of us do not use AutoRip because, with an Oppo, it is actually more complex than using the recent GUIs. They automate the process by letting you define defaults for how and where to save the results. As a result, this is even more "auto" than AutoRip.

I have a 105 and use the Sonore software. I love it.
I rip all types discs using different software, my experience is ripping SACD's with this setup is the easiest of all, whether 2.0, 4.0 or 5.1.
A tiny bit challenging to set up but once you have the info stored on a thumb drive (the key) it is forever easy.
My 105 is dedicated for ripping SACD's only so I do not remove and replace the front thumb drive.
This PDF I have attached is very helpful.

Attachments

• Ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105 (3).pdf
    38 KB · Views: 0
I have a 105 and use the Sonore software. I love it.
I rip all types discs using different software, my experience is ripping SACD's with this setup is the easiest of all, whether 2.0, 4.0 or 5.1.
A tiny bit challenging to set up but once you have the info stored on a thumb drive (the key) it is forever easy.
My 105 is dedicated for ripping SACD's only so I do not remove and replace the front thumb drive.
This PDF I have attached is very helpful.
Agreed but the newer software operates the same way and is faster/better.

Back