AP SACDs of Beach Boys Sunflower and Surf's Up are stereo/multichannel with 4.0 mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm those 2 for 23.99 each and 14.99 Marshall Crenshaw SACD looks koo with free shipping - might bite sooooooooooooon :banana:

Thanks Clint :banana:

For a $1.29, one can download the song Surf's Up from iTunes, albeit in an ultra-lossy format, and see for themselves if the quadraphonic treatment is worth buying the SACD. Heck, they've got the whole album for only $5.99.

Regardless of the degree of quad treatment, these two albums appear to be very interesting. I'm always looking for good stuff that previously hadn't been on my radar...Chicago III for example.

An easy decision, I've owned these albums since they came out...Yes, I was 10 when Sunflower premiered. This Whole World is like 2:30 of pop nirvana with its chord changes. Underrated albums with a smattering of Mike Love inspired mediocre material.....

Let's not foget that Capitol/EMI had the "Surf's Up " disc slated for a DVD-A release back in 2003.

So getting a multichannel SACD in it's place, and in quad is quite an acomplishment.(y)for APP,an independent label.:D

Ok folks...music direct now has Sunflower and Surfs Up IN STOCK...and you CAN use the 20%...promo code MUSIC20...that is the good news...BUT...the bad news is that since these are now $23.99 each...if you only buy those 2 items you won't qualify for the free shipping which starts at $49....so grab another item....

SURF'S UP- HERE
SUNFLOWER-HERE

Unfortunately, the status for Surf's Up and Sunflower at Music Direct NOW indicates availability in 4~6 weeks which means they're no longer in stock and subject to the 20% off discount. BUMMER!

An easy decision, I've owned these albums since they came out...Yes, I was 10 when Sunflower premiered. This Whole World is like 2:30 of pop nirvana with its chord changes. Underrated albums with a smattering of Mike Love inspired mediocre material.....

Can never think of Mike Love without thinking of this picture: Dennis-Wilson-flips-Mike-Love-the-bird-while-brother-Carl-looks-on-in-astonishment..jpg

Eh...well. I just placed an order at Music Direct for Sunflower, Smiley Smile and then a Radiohead album, punched in the discount and I got the 20% off. Ordered! I didn't want Surf's Up....so didn't even try that one.

:banana:

Eh...well. I just placed an order at Music Direct for Sunflower, Smiley Smile and then a Radiohead album, punched in the discount and I got the 20% off. Ordered! I didn't want Surf's Up....so didn't even try that one.

:banana:

I think you are going to have to pay shipping charges for sunflower by doing it that way...if it's not in stock...I had hoped you would have ordered it yesterday when it was in stock...

I think you are going to have to pay shipping charges for sunflower by doing it that way...if it's not in stock...I had hoped you would have ordered it yesterday when it was in stock...

Well, if they are gonna charge me shipping, then they will have to edit my order - because it says free shipping...I mean, when I clicked order, it shows $0 for shipping. Only additional charge is tax.

Well..you know what they say...you snooze you lose...people jumped on that deal my man...

I'm hardly worried. While I certainly admire their considerable artistry, I'm NOT a 'rabid' BB fan and I've ordered a slew of discrete 5.1 BD~As, DVD~As and BD~Vs to keep me busy for awhile. There'll be other 20% off sales so when the spirit moves me, I'll bite! Besides, I'm 'trying' to catch up on some of the latest cable fare like Mr. Robot and HBO's excellent The Night Of as well as Ray Donovan, et alia. Compelling TV and ANYTHING to take my mind off that despicable GOP convention shite!

For anyone still interested I was able to order these discs and another one that is not in stock and the 20% discount (and free shipping) was applied.
So they are honoring this discount on out of stock discs...or their computer program is... :)

I need to start thinking about getting into the Beach Boys SACDs too, just not enough time or money......

These two are worth getting come what may. I am over the moon with them! Sell the house, sell the car...

It just dawned on me that there is another Beach Boys quad (DY-4D) from the early 70's.

Hopefully APP get around to releasing the multi-channel SACD of "BEACH BOYS/CARL AND THE PASSIONS-SO TOUGH.

From 1972 and I think it was a popular Beach Boys seller.

Elusive Disc is now offering a 20% discount...Music Direct is keeping the pressure on them HERE

Thanks Clint. BTW, do you recommend the AP SACDs of the Beach Boys' Surfs Up and Sunflower in QUAD? Are they discrete or stereo upmixes?

Also has anyone received shipping info on AF's QUAD SACD of L&M's Full Sail? Was due to come out TOMORROW [7/29].

Back