APPLE ATMOS WITH OPPO?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

himey

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Can anyone tell me if the Oppo downmixes to 7.1/5.1/4.0 properly like standard Atmos DolbyTrueHD blu-ray discs do?
From what I gather, Apple outputs DolbyMAT format which the Oppo's don't support.

The new quadraphonic Apple releases shouldn't be effected because it isn't outputted to DolbyMAT? Thanks in Advance.

It took me some trial and error but yes I got the Oppo to properly downmix the 7.1 LPCM from Apple TV to 5.1. 4.0 quad like BOC Tyranny and Mutation album also plays correctly.

I only have a 5.1 system and I'm running the Apple TV to the HDMI input of my Oppo 205.

It took me some trial and error but yes I got the Oppo to properly downmix the 7.1 LPCM from Apple TV to 5.1. 4.0 quad like BOC Tyranny and Mutation album also plays correctly.

I only have a 5.1 system and I'm running the Apple TV to the HDMI input of my Oppo 205.

Did you do any direct comparisons with the same Atmos content on both Apple and Disc? Thanks.

Can you please confirm the settings you used in your Apple TV and your Oppo?

In my setup the 7.1 isn’t downmixing properly( I think some of the channels are going to the front speakers rather than the rear) and I’ve had to set the Apple TV to downmix to Dolby Digital 5.1 🙁

I didn't have any issues when setting to Dolby Digital 5.1. I only had issues when streaming the 7.1 LPCM. For that to downmix correctly, set your oppo to 7.1 downmix. Even though you don't have back rear speakers, leave them on in your oppo speaker configuration menu.

Back