Apple CarPlay/IOS 13.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPR

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Pretty damn good, if you ask me; the bugs seem to be worked out
Siri commands, now work with Waze, & Google Maps
Example: Siri, take me home on Waze
Graphics are much improved, & the whole concept just works better
I have a 2018/Acura/TLX/A-SPEC/Tech
The Navigation, &, or music, works on the top screen
Bottom screen is strictly for music
Good job APPLE!

It's a very nice upgrade. Been using it in the RDX myself. Still stereo only though :(

Has anyone located an app to play FLAC 5.1 files via CarPlay yet?

You can't do it because the MOST bus in the Acura will not accept the files. It will downsample them to stereo. I got that straight from the ELS dude on Facebook.

As for the iPhone, I have tried it with many different software and streaming services and nothing ever seems to work - yet.

You can't do it because the MOST bus in the Acura will not accept the files. It will downsample them to stereo. I got that straight from the ELS dude on Facebook.

As for the iPhone, I have tried it with many different software and streaming services and nothing ever seems to work - yet.
Thanks, that is what I have found, but wondered if anyone found a way around. Guess it is in Apple's hands to allow higher quality audio output.

Has anyone located an app to play FLAC 5.1 files via CarPlay yet?

Same problem here with Android Auto. I come from a JVC AVX-33 with DVD-Audio, DTS, Dolby 5.1 installed in an old Ford Focus but I exchanged it for a new Corolla. The new cars are really restrictive with audio car systems so I had to left the JVC installed in the Focus to my nephew.

None of the common audio apps from the store like Spotify or Amazon Music can play surround music but I tried a video app like VLC. I checked some video and flac files:

MKV with these audio features
Code:
Codec: DTS-HD Master Audio
Bitrate Mode: Variable
Bitrate: 1510 Kbps
Maximum Bitrate: 1561 Kbps
Sample Rate: 48.0 KHz
Channel Count: 6 Ch
Bit Depth: 24 bits

M4v with these audio features:
Code:
Codec: AC3
Bitrate: 638 Kbpss

MP4 with these audio features:
Code:
Codec: AAC
Bitrate: 488 Kbpss

And a FLAC audio file 5.1

I could play all of them in the car with Android Audio and an old Sony Xperi XZ via VLC but I couldn't notice surround sound or discrete channels. Maybe is it a problem with the mobile/cell phone processor? I would be really insteresting if somebody could try with a newer phone with Dolby Atmos sound like the Samsung Galaxy S20 or something like that. After changing my car I think it's time to renew my phone.

Back