Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just rechecked and bizarrely I'm now getting the same result and yet on first look it gave me the playlist option...humm

Right
What I've found is that if you select the link. Then sign out. Then sign back in, it brings up the add details as Eric has shown. See if that works for you.
That worked! A little cumbersome but OK. :cool:

This new album by the Marias - Cinema, is fantastic, music is very good and makes great use of having an immersive system. CINEMA by The Marías

Here's another new release in Atmos - fun, more pop/r&b/hip-hop sound - wow does this light up the room!
https://music.apple.com/us/album/pacifico/1569312046

Thanks for these, always interested in good new titles. I'm not yet an Apple Music convert but am keeping track to inform my decision on whether to buy Apple hardware to be able to do it or wait until the service is available for my Nvidia Shield TV. Meanwhile was happy to find both of these in Atmos on Tidal.

So forgive the absolute beginner basic question … but I’ve searched online and am not sure… I’m considering buying new over ear Bluetooth headphones. However my budget doesn’t stretch to AirPod Max. Is the Atmos effect the same in regular Bluetooth headphones or is there a feature I should be looking for?

Also if I’m playing over my oldish Apple TV into a Dolby Surround amp is there any benefit in an Atmos version?

So forgive the absolute beginner basic question … but I’ve searched online and am not sure… I’m considering buying new over ear Bluetooth headphones. However my budget doesn’t stretch to AirPod Max. Is the Atmos effect the same in regular Bluetooth headphones or is there a feature I should be looking for?

Also if I’m playing over my oldish Apple TV into a Dolby Surround amp is there any benefit in an Atmos version?
Take a look:
https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.wha...c-spatial-audio-will-work-with-all-headphones

Thank you! And for Apple TV looks like I would need a 4K Apple TV which means an upgrade from my curreny

Correct. ATV 4k gen 1 and gen 2 seem to work, but there are several important differences- like earc, hdmi 2.1, improved Dolby vision, and a vastly improved remote.

Here is a great cheat sheet to compare the differences.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/apple-tv-4k-gen-1-vs-gen-2/

I upgraded, and I'm very glad I did. There is definitely a 120-150 megabit boost in ethernet performance on SpeedTest, and Dolby Vision on movies looks better than ever.

And I don't think there's any Atmos without the Atmos capable receiver connected to your new Apple TV.

Last edited:
Better late than never then... (y) :SG
I'm... er... cough, 66.

Still rooting for this release. :D

Oh, I’m a spring chicken then !;):)

I hadn’t heard all Abbey Road until I bought the Dolby Atmos disc set…..yet, my twin brother is a big Beatles fan & as all the albums. ( Mind you, I’m realising just listening now…I know most of the songs, but not necessarily the actual title of the song….an example being, “She’s Leaving Home”. )

Back