Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I’m a spring chicken then !;):)

I hadn’t heard all Abbey Road until I bought the Dolby Atmos disc set…..yet, my twin brother is a big Beatles fan & as all the albums. ( Mind you, I’m realising just listening now…I know most of the songs, but not necessarily the actual title of the song….an example being, “She’s Leaving Home”. )
Same. The ATmos mix was my first time hearing AR.

Oh, I’m a spring chicken then !;):)

I hadn’t heard all Abbey Road until I bought the Dolby Atmos disc set…..yet, my twin brother is a big Beatles fan & as all the albums. ( Mind you, I’m realising just listening now…I know most of the songs, but not necessarily the actual title of the song….an example being, “She’s Leaving Home”. )
"She's Leaving Home" is not on Abbey Road. Its on Sgt Pepper

Queen Greatest Hits - also Apple Music in Atmos! At least Bohemian Rhapsody is! I'll edit as I go through songs...

*Bohemian...not sure if I like the Atmos, I'm leaning towards the Scheiner/May mixes...but need to listen more...
*Another One Bites the Dust...WOWZERS!!
*You're My Best Friend...interesting...Freddie sings front and center, then moves to the right with chorus in back left at one point in song...need to listen more...
*Crazy Little Thing Called Love...another WOWZERS!!
*Play the Game...another WOWZERS!!

Killer Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls, Bicycle Race, Don't Stop Me Now, Save Me, Somebody to Love, Now I'm Here, Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Flash, Seven Seas of Rhye, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions...not Atmos...but they are cryin' out for it!!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/greatest-hits-1981-uk-edition/1422650667
QGH-AppleMusic.jpg

Last edited:
Queen Greatest Hits - also Apple Music in Atmos! At least Bohemian Rhapsody is! I'll edit as I go through songs...

*Bohemian...not sure if I like the Atmos, I'm leaning towards the Scheiner/May mixes...but need to listen more...
*You're My Best Friend...interesting...Freddie sings front and center, then moves to the right with chorus in back left at one point in song...need to listen more...

Killer Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls, Bicycle Race, Don't Stop Me Now, Save Me, Somebody to Love, Now I'm Here, Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Flash, Seven Seas of Rhye, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions...not Atmos...but they are cryin' out for it!!

View attachment 68591
Those songs have been released in MCH in the past.

Yes, but not in Atmos, so they are definitely "different" versions/mixes from past releases.

Right, these are the "1981 UK Edition" Dolby Atmos mixes. Good Lord. I mean, if I select that album to play, I expect to hear the 1981 UK Edition versions, not some new thing. This is gross revisionism, not getting what is advertised. They need separate releases for the Atmos mixes.

View attachment 68591

I clicked your link….it’s already added to my library……but…..???

Looking again at your screen shot, it’s 1981 U.K. edition….I wish they would have a better way of separating titles….it’s like going on a “magical mystery tour”, to find Dolby Atmos, but you can have multiple versions of the same album !

Off to hunt…

Attachments

• 299B4113-3032-4EA7-84D6-A2BE4BF55F55.jpeg
    299B4113-3032-4EA7-84D6-A2BE4BF55F55.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 53
Back