Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yup, Big Science 2 is a bonus track on the Apple Music version of the album and they somehow attached an Atmos version of it to the Big Science track. Dumb.
That's crazy. But I've added it to my library. (Wolves and "yodelay-ee-hoo" in the left rear overhead, yet.)

If you want to hear the original "Big Science," your only choice is the Talk Normal anthology:

IMachine

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

This is really bonkers - on my AppleTV, if Atmos is on and you listen to the track "Big Science" it plays an Atmos mix of "Big Science 2"!! Completely different recording not even on the original album. Hopefully it's a sign the album will be eventually be available in Atmos?
Meanwhile, anybody know how to let Apple know they made a mistake?
The track Big Science itself says it is Atmos

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The track Big Science itself says it is Atmos
Right--but what deadpangerg and Cheezmo are saying is that it's mistitled. If you play that track, you'll hear that it's actually "Big Science 2" (in Atmos), not the original "Big Science."

perzon57

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Someone is reporting on SHF that the Blue Oyster Cult Tyranny & Mutation is the quad mix. I don’t have Apple music yet, but this will get me to join.
I have added BOC,but I have not played it yet.Tried In Deep from Argent and it was the quad mix. Good news,tried BOC now and it played back in quad. :) What a day for MC music.

mrcond

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Which settings do you mean?
I have Apple TV 4K into my Denon AVR-X3600H via HDMI, and the sound settings to Direct, and the input signal at the AVR is showing as PCM 5.1 (even though the center channel is silent). I'm not sure that this helps, but that is what I have and it works for me.