Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Ok, I found out where the limitation is: Apple TV 4K maximum quality is 24/48. To get higher rates you need iPhone or iPad and an external DAC.
At a certain moment Apple promised to get the higher rates in the tvOS 15, but it seems they failed to

EricKalet

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter

channelar

Since 2002/2003
Cor Blimey...Pink Floyd heaven

Very excited to see this appear. I never heard the 5.1 mixes from 'The Early Years' Blu Ray, which I seem to remember having multiple negative reviews. I've only listened once, but this mix seems fine to me. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is the same or if it sounds better in this presentation?

channelar

Since 2002/2003
Last Friday the new 4th album from "Halsey', 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power' (IICHLIWP) appeared under the Spatial Audio catergory, under Browse in Apple Music, on all my devices, Apple TV4K, Iphone, Ipad etc. So far it only shows up as Lossless, not as Dolby Atmos or Audio. There appears to be two versions, but they appear to be the same. The tracks play as 2.0 for me. There don't appear to be any extra tracks on the album. Does anyone see 'Dolby Atmos' or other multichannel format? Am I missing something or is there an error?

This album was released around 20th August and I was surprised that it did not appear in Atmos on release. 2020's excellent 'Manic' has been available in Atmos first on Tidal since last year and later on Apple Music. I listened to it first, after seeing the enthusiastic review at 'Life in Surround'. Its since become a firm favorite and one of those albums, while initially inaccessable (at least to me), grows with every listen until you find yourself humming it in the bath. My favorite lockdown release.

The earlier albums 'Badlands (2015)' and 'hopeless fountain kingdom (2017)' were released in Dolby Atmos in the fortnight before the new release. You would have expected the new album to appear in the same format. I've been hearing some of the new tracks in my dreams, so I am very keen to listen to the album in glorious Spatial Audio, as the label says. Any thoughts?

(Late note: I just noticed the other version is the non-explicit version with the exposed breast on the cover covered up. Nothing to do with Atmos.)

Last edited: