Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still on 15.0 (I shut off auto-updates after 15.0).

HOWEVER...

The bug appears to be GONE now for me for BOTH Dolby Atmos AND Dolby Audio. I just did a spot check of a handful or so of Atmos albums and 3 or 4 Dolby Audio albums and they all played back as they should - without the need to skip back to the beginning of a track.

Woo hoo! Let’s hope it doesn’t revert back to the bug as mysteriously as it disappeared...

[Note: AFAIK, I did nothing different from the last time I was listening to surround stuff a few days ago - or the last few weeks really - when I was having issues with Atmos and Dolby Audio material]

WOW!! i'll try it as soon as i can!! thanks :)

WOW!! i'll try it as soon as i can!! thanks :)
I wouldn’t get too hopeful just yet. I’m just one person.

From the differing experiences folks seem to have been encountering the last few weeks, it seeming more likely to me there is something else going on here than just a software bug with TVoS.

Based on your post I went to my test playlist and could not reproduce the bug.

I then restarted the AppleTV, went to that playlist, hit a Dolby Audio track, and bug back.

So don't restart your AppleTV? (I'm 15.2b1 FWIW). I think it is safe to say they have done nothing to address the bug but there are situations where it may go away "for a while".

I’m still on 15.0 (I shut off auto-updates after 15.0).

HOWEVER...

The bug appears to be GONE now for me for BOTH Dolby Atmos AND Dolby Audio. I just did a spot check of a handful or so of Atmos albums and 3 or 4 Dolby Audio albums and they all played back as they should - without the need to skip back to the beginning of a track.

Woo hoo! Let’s hope it doesn’t revert back to the bug as mysteriously as it disappeared...

[Note: AFAIK, I did nothing different from the last time I was listening to surround stuff a few days ago - or the last few weeks really - when I was having issues with Atmos and Dolby Audio material]

looks like it! its all a bit hazy at the moment.. as usual the people in the press office are a tad unclear what they are talking about so we get vagueries like Dolby Audio etc! :LOL:

polishing up some ol' UHD's earlier today, i noticed for the first time the "Dolby Audio" logo on the rear sleeves, quite distinct from the Atmos logo which was the only thing i ever looked for on the discs tbh!! 😅

its times like this i'm not ashamed to say i'm a total idiot and probably best ignored! 😂

6DC5EC9D-1F7C-4B6F-9510-A15D97A6CEEE.jpeg

polishing up some ol' UHD's earlier today, i noticed for the first time the "Dolby Audio" logo on the rear sleeves, quite distinct from the Atmos logo which was the only thing i ever looked for on the discs tbh!! 😅

its times like this i'm not ashamed to say i'm a total idiot and probably best ignored! 😂
say what?
😘

There seem to be still some Atmos albums that are only in Tidal and haven't reached Apple music yet.
At least the following excellent ones I've been waiting for a longer time:
L'impératrice - Tsako Tsubo
London Electricity - Building better worlds
Max Cooper - Emergence

In addition understood that Yacht - Chain tripping is available in some regions but haven't found that one in Apple music.

There seem to be still some Atmos albums that are only in Tidal and haven't reached Apple music yet.
Max Cooper - Emergence

In addition understood that Yacht - Chain tripping is available in some regions but haven't found that one in Apple music.

But so many more Apple exclusives I'd kill to have on Tidal. Oddly many of those are in Sony 360 on Tidal which is of course useless.

The weirdest most recent example of that is the Porcupine Tree 'Harridan' track. Is there any obvious link between Porcupine Tree's label and Sony?

Max Cooper - Emergence

Pretty sure we have Yacht - Chain Tripping here in the USA

Max Cooper - Emergence

I just typed "Yacht" in the search box in the Music app and found this.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/chain-tripping/1478459933

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 4.28.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 4.28.28 PM.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back