Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to devote most of my day today, listening purely via headphones & after nearly 3 hours of listening, this is the best i've EVER heard music, without question & all for £9.99 per month, in 3 months time. Worth every penny & more !

To hear details & clarity, i've never been truly aware of before, is really musically life changing.

Has anyone found if Apple has the Credits info ?

In Tidal you can click on the Credits, and it may have entries for
- Mixer
- Surround Mixer
- Mixing Engineer
- Immersive Engineer

And when you click on a person's name, it lists the songs that the person worked on and in which role.
This is something I've always liked about Tidal, and it is missing from every other music streaming service (as far as I know). I love studying the liner notes of physical discs. This info in Tidal is a nice replacement for that.

Bogle looked like satan himself.

I do not like to support these huge conglomerates.

Power to the people.

That being said I want to hear the Atmos mixes. What is a good, informed person to do?

Has anyone noticed titles that were showing Lossless & Hi Res Lossless & now they’re not ?
Two examples being : Joseph Williams “Denizen Tenant”. & Steve Lukather, “I Found The Sun Again”.
Both have shown Hi Res Lossless & now both not showing that. Strange ??

Another strange thing, I found the Daniel Barenboim/Staatskapelle Berlin cycle of Beethoven Symphonies on Apple Music in Atmos, a few tracks are part of their Classical In Spatial Audio playlist. I was able to add all of the albums to my library, except Symphonies 7 & 8. Anyone else think this is weird? Or has anyone else been able to find it in Atmos?

Is it just me or does the Atmos version of the Sgt. Pepper album not include Strawberry Fields Forever or Penny Lane other than outtakes?
The final stereo mixes are there. Since the Atmos mix was done after the fact and those songs were not on the album, I guess Giles Martin decided not mix them in Atmos (although not sure why A Day in the Life didn't get the Atmos treatment).

Back