Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is a known bug with Apple Music on Apple TV where the audio stops. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I bought a Ethernet cable too. At least I have the option now.

I’m absolutely loving listening to all my music, discovering details I’d never heard before. It really is a revelation. Just want it added to my Android walkman’s now, although I think I’ve read that some people already have access to this ???

If you use the Android App for Apple Music, there are tons of albums in the Classical section that do not appear in the same category using Apple TV.
One of them is Organ Spectacular de Ton Koopman
In 5.1 it's truly spectacular and I used to use it to demo the bass in my system to newcomers at home. I still didn't have any time to play it loud in Atmos, so I'll report later Edit: it does sound spectacular in Atmos...

Last edited:
If you use the Android App for Apple Music, there are tons of albums in the Classical section that do not appear in the same category using Apple TV.
One of them is Organ Spectacular de Ton Koopman
In 5.1 it's truly spectacular and I used to use it to demo the bass in my system to newcomers at home. I still didn't have any time to play it loud in Atmos, so I'll report later Edit: it does sound spectacular in Atmos...
Does not seem to be available in the US :(

Not sure if this has been asked, but is there any reason to spend the extra $30 ($129 vs $99 on Amazon and Walmart sites) for this years Apple TV 4k 32GB versus the last one? It looks to be HDMI 2.1 vs HDMI 2.0 but not sure what that really means to all of us.

Last week I was able to play tracks from Goat's Head Soup in Atmos from Apple Music on my Apple TV. I tried again yesterday and none of the tracks from that album I tried were able to play, I was just kicked back to the Apple TV home page. Anyone else experiencing this? Did they remove that album?

Can anyone confirm/deny whether Liz Phair "Soberish" is available in Atmos on Apple Music?

Just curious.

Is it on tidal?

Negative. She had tweeted the Atmos mix of the album existed the day Apple put Atmos music online. I had checked Tidal then and continue to but no dice so assumed it would be an Apple exclusive. Hopefully not though!

As far as Apple Music in Lossless or Atmos, no there's not any reason to get the very newest Apple TV. The previous 4k model also works just fine.

On that note I saw Walmart was offering the previous A10 chip 32 GB Apple TV for $99 which seems like a fair price for what it is. Tempting but deep down I really don't want or need an Apple TV for anything other than the Apple Music Atmos stuff.

EDIT - oops saw the OP already mentioned he saw the $99 deal

Last edited:
On my iPad I can see if a album / track is Lossless, Hi Res Lossless or Dolby Atmos, but where do I find this info using my Apple box / TV screen ??

I should say, the bit rate e.t.c. ??

Last edited:
On my iPad I can see if a album / track is Lossless, Hi Res Lossless or Dolby Atmos, but where do I find this info using my Apple box / TV screen ??

I should say, the bit rate e.t.c. ??
Once a song is playing, click on the Menu button on the remote and you should see the song being played plus the other songs in the queue. On the lower right side of the screen there should be the logo with the audio info (Apple lossless, Atmos or whatever). Using again the remote, slide until the info is highlighted and click on it. For anything that is not Atmos, the codec and bitrate data should appear. For Atmos, you can't even click, so we're kind of blind for now.
Let me know if you can follow this process, I can try to get some pics if needed

Once a song is playing, click on the Menu button on the remote and you should see the song being played plus the other songs in the queue. On the lower right side of the screen there should be the logo with the audio info (Apple lossless, Atmos or whatever). Using again the remote, slide until the info is highlighted and click on it. For anything that is not Atmos, the codec and bitrate data should appear. For Atmos, you can't even click, so we're kind of blind for now.
Let me know if you can follow this process, I can try to get some pics if needed

Thanks….this is what’s on my screen….right hand side ?? ( Probably, having a “blonde” moment….apologies, for those of you that are…”blonde”...)

Attachments

• B289B65A-A2B3-494E-B45A-C520A9E1F734.jpeg
    B289B65A-A2B3-494E-B45A-C520A9E1F734.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks….this is what’s on my screen….right hand side ?? ( Probably, having a “blonde” moment….apologies, for those of you that are…”blonde”...)
Blonde is much better than bald, as I am :cool:
The info is not available for all tracks, I think only the ones that are lossless, Apple master or Atmos will display the little icon. I've attached a couple of pics where you can see the icon and what it displays after clicking on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210623_140724~2.jpg
    IMG_20210623_140724~2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210623_140734_1.jpg
    IMG_20210623_140734_1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 64
Blonde is much better than bald, as I am :cool:
The info is not available for all tracks, I think only the ones that are lossless, Apple master or Atmos will display the little icon. I've attached a couple of pics where you can see the icon and what it displays after clicking on it.

Thank you for that, ( From a fastly going grey man. 😉 )

Strangely, as you see from my photo, my screen doesn’t resemble yours ?? Unless there’s a menu screen I’m not accessing ?? It’s the latest Apple box.

It’s a bit annoying, but at least I can see the info on my iPad.

Not sure if this has been asked, but is there any reason to spend the extra $30 ($129 vs $99 on Amazon and Walmart sites) for this years Apple TV 4k 32GB versus the last one? It looks to be HDMI 2.1 vs HDMI 2.0 but not sure what that really means to all of us.
I didn’t have an Apple TV and decided to purchase the first generation 32 GB 4K model instead of the newer version. Apple Music with Atmos playback works fine so you can save yourself a few dollars. The key is to have a 4K Apple TV box instead of the original HD model.

Back