Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have the beta and had the left channel issue. Here was my fix:

Go to Settings>Video and Audio> Audio Format>Change Format

Set to on, Select 5.1. Then switch it back to off and everything is working great.

Receiver where I had the issue - Marantz NR 1609.

No issue with my Denon 6700, so see if flipping the settings automagically fixes it.

it is the Quad for sure
I’m also thinking about just the overall awakening potential for Quad of the general ignorant music public. Hopefully it can be appreciated, and actually embraced. More old Quad Jazz titles sure wouldn’t hurt, the Atmos 60’s Jazz I’ve heard has been a real snoozer so far.

Anyone recall seeing anything in Dolby Atmos plus Hi Res Lossless? I'm thinking I've seen maybe one song, but don't remember which one, most Atmos on here seem to be just CD quality.

I also have the beta and had the left channel issue. Here was my fix:

Go to Settings>Video and Audio> Audio Format>Change Format

Set to on, Select 5.1. Then switch it back to off and everything is working great.

Receiver where I had the issue - Marantz NR 1609.

No issue with my Denon 6700, so see if flipping the settings automagically fixes it.
THAT‘S IT! Thanks! :LB

I’m also thinking about just the overall awakening potential for Quad of the general ignorant music public. Hopefully it can be appreciated, and actually embraced. More old Quad Jazz titles sure wouldn’t hurt, the Atmos 60’s Jazz I’ve heard has been a real snoozer so far.

the Herbie Hancock and Miles Davis Quad albums spring to mind! 🤩🥳

This guy really never gave Apple Music spatial audio a chance...

If you have a moment, check out his video and post a comment. I posted:
"The sad part is that Apple Music has NOT "given up," rather you, sir, have given up. Almost daily, Apple is adding new songs, albums and even several albums that were mixed using quad and 5.1 have just been released. Scrolling to playlists doesn't prove your point. I'm disappointed that you have taken a very one sided approach. But perhaps surround and immersive music just isn't your thing. And that is OK!"

"The sad part is that Apple Music has NOT "given up," rather you, sir, have given up. Almost daily, Apple is adding new songs, albums and even several albums that were mixed using quad and 5.1 have just been released. Scrolling to playlists doesn't prove your point. I'm disappointed that you have taken a very one sided approach. But perhaps surround and immersive music just isn't your thing. And that is OK!"

I don't see yours either, it says there's 4 comments though, but I only see 3 to read - can he block the ones he doesn't like or something?

Humm, I don't see your post listed and when I tried to post I get a "comment failed to post" message?
I got that "failed" message too, but it worked on the second try.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.38.26 PM.png

At least he only has 115 followers.

Back