Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can respect that ar!
Personally my main gripe is just user interface type stuff (for search, how you don’t know if a song is Atmos/Dolby Audio or not and overall layout of menus)
I’m also having a slight issue with their itty bitty remote; since my hands are sooo large, operating with my left hand (don’t ask what my right’s doing) it just feels awkward to use. And if they made it just a little bit bigger; they could add a few more functions like search & song info etc.
Spot-on Pup, the UI is terrible, makes me nuts. Then along with that is the remote, I have the older one with the touch sensitive pad on top, what a piece of junk. This is my first Apple product and everyone talks about Apple being so user friendly but if this is any showing, I'd never buy another Apple anything. How the hell you supposed to search for anything with that stupid "keyboard" system?
End Rant, other wise it works well for me, "no mono one channel only" problems but I don't understand what some are doing talking about Oppo's and OS update issues. AFAIK, that's not the way it was designed to work. You run a HDMI cable from the Apple TV box directly into you AVR and all should be well? Sounds like some are adding too many complications and middle-man coding ???,
My personal hope is that Spotify get's off their butts with the lossless program and has all the rest of the goodies the others offer. Best UI in the business plus their awesome catalog, I'd be happy to junk this Apple TV box. LOL

I was waiting to see if 15.1 fixed the issue. Given your feedback I called Apple support and had a lengthy conversation explaining the problem. The ‘Genius’ wanted me to upgrade the other older model boxes I had to see if the problem was limited to the new model. I said I wasn’t prepared to do that as I might lose functionality. He agreed that was reasonable. My model is A2169 32GB from May this year. Does anyone have the same mono front left channel problem with the earlier model with the black remote? Can’t imagine it makes a difference, but who knows?

Regardless I now have a case number with a case manager. Suggest anyone else with the problem reports it as well.
I have the older model and the problem is the same. I also opened up a support ticket.

Spot-on Pup, the UI is terrible, makes me nuts. Then along with that is the remote, I have the older one with the touch sensitive pad on top, what a piece of junk. This is my first Apple product and everyone talks about Apple being so user friendly but if this is any showing, I'd never buy another Apple anything. How the hell you supposed to search for anything with that stupid "keyboard" system?
End Rant, other wise it works well for me, "no mono one channel only" problems but I don't understand what some are doing talking about Oppo's and OS update issues. AFAIK, that's not the way it was designed to work. You run a HDMI cable from the Apple TV box directly into you AVR and all should be well? Sounds like some are adding too many complications and middle-man coding ???,
My personal hope is that Spotify get's off their butts with the lossless program and has all the rest of the goodies the others offer. Best UI in the business plus their awesome catalog, I'd be happy to junk this Apple TV box. LOL

Tidal search function is much worse than Apple. Their phone based app doesn’t even show Atmos tracks- however I note a section for Sony 360 audio.

If I could type fast enough I would explain the Oppo use, but it's irrelevant to the problem. I'm interested to know if you have a full up to date AVR with Dolby Atmos etc?

Some Oppo's have an HDMI input. Some users don't own a HDMI receiver. That is neither "complicated" or hard to "understand".

ItTE="alansanchez86, post: 586601, member: 13355"]
IMO the 5.1 is better. Didnt feel any presence from the rears or heights, TBH.
[/QUOTE]
It's ambience mainly, but on a quick listen this morning it sounded better than the 5.1 (in terms of fidelity and openess).
I'm more curious about Sketches, I think I'll be able to give it a try this afternoon

Vangelis Juno to Jupiter Atmos mix is not good (kind of mix makes you get closer to the rears to hear if something is going on).
On the other side of the spectrum, Ringo's new EP is good fun.
And maybe best mix of the week is Infinity by VOCES8

Back