Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its the first time i've encountered two distinct versions of the same complete album with both versions in Atmos on Apple Music. so far its just been one version of an album that is in Atmos.

having the Deluxe Version in Atmos feels unnecessary if the other more recent barebones release is also in Atmos.

The way Apple Music works is that if there is a Dolby Atmos version of a track, it will be "THE" version of the track on any release that track appears on, including compilations, etc. They care not about different releases/masterings, etc. A song is a song, and if they get a new version of it it replaces the previous versions. That is a generalization, there are of course exceptions, but just look at the Spatial Audio list and pick a track and you'll see that it is Atmos on almost very compilation or other release. There isn't a new "Atmos" release, the song just propagates everywhere. I hate that.

Some Oppo's have an HDMI input. Some users don't own a HDMI receiver. That is neither "complicated" or hard to "understand".
OK, I get why now your doing it. Is everyone sure the HDMI inputs are ATMOS capable? I know I've read some are using some quite old Oppo models?
Just trying to help.

OK, I get why now your doing it. Is everyone sure the HDMI inputs are ATMOS capable? I know I've read some are using some quite old Oppo models?
Just trying to help.

"Quite old" is too general a term. Only 103's and beyond have Apple music streaming capabilities because of the HDMI input. "ATMOS capable" obviously, in this context, means the ability to downmix to 7.1/5.1/4.0. No Oppo is going to get you 3D sound.

As in Sony 360 or something else?
Sorry but you lost me with that last statement.

A downmix to 7.1 from an Atmos mix is the maximum you are ever going to get from any Oppo bluray player with Apple music.

Sorry I have no idea what "sony 360" is or how it relates to streaming Atmos using Apple music through an Oppo.

What is the confusion? The Deluxe Version has a couple of bonus tracks (you'll notice the bonus tracks are not in Atmos) and videos. Very common for there to be standard and deluxe editions of albums both in Apple Music.
Only one of the versions of the Come Away With Me album was Atmos for me yesterday.

I have just joined Apple. They do not make it easy to find Atmos albums do they? Nothing is labeled clearly, it is a mess.

I am on the website trying to add albums I like but can not find many.

edit' found them.

Surround now becoming corporate; I hate that.

Last edited:
Sony 360, AKA Sony 3D Sound,
https://www.sony.com/gh/electronics/360-reality-audioAnother immersive like Atmos & Auro.
Sorry but your posts haven't been very clear.
But I'll just quit trying to help you get Atmos.

I don't need any help getting Atmos. I don't think you understand that Atmos isn't possible with an Oppo and no top/height speakers. Thanks for not helping me. For the record your post I first responded to was because you mentioned how complicated this was and I simply pointed out how really it wasn't.

Give him a break. Your Oppo reference, in a frickin dedicated Atmos-only thread, was indeed a little confusing. No need to be snippy IMO. We’re all trying to get to the same end. 👍

Jesus. I made one simple point.
Listening to Atmos and now quad tracks on Apple regardless of device and setup should be fair game. But hey, i'm outta here. Have fun.

Back