Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt think I would like this album but it aint too shabby....
Mix ain't bad too...

dat's cuz their fur is the finest chinchilla, mo' than ten dolla fo'sho'! 🤑

on an unrelated note, i hope some enterprising chappy has hijacked the Atmos of Tower Of Power's "So Very Hard To Go" because i noticed its disappeared from Tidal.. boom! gone! just like that! 🤯

hopefully it won't similarly go from Apple Music but you never know! 🤞

dat's cuz their fur is the finest chinchilla, mo' than ten dolla fo'sho'! 🤑

on an unrelated note, i hope some enterprising chappy has hijacked the Atmos of Tower Of Power's "So Very Hard To Go" because i noticed its disappeared from Tidal.. boom! gone! just like that! 🤯

hopefully it won't similarly go from Apple Music but you never know! 🤞
It really is weird Adam, how this whole Atmos thingy is being (or Not) handled by these companies.
It seems so haphazard in its structure and planning that its taking more than the 'Pink Panthers' skills, to find out whats actually going on.

Furkin the gerkin!! :D

Last edited:
It really is wierd Adam, how this whole Atmos thingy is being (or Not) handled by these companies.
It seems so haphazard in its structure and planning that its taking more than the 'Pink Panthers' skills, to find out whats actually going on.

Furkin the gerkin!! :D

the story of Surround Music is fookin' weird! right from ye olden golden days of Quad 'n' Roll right up until now, its all been one fook up after another!

--- and yet Surround's always somehow endured in the face of almighty ball-fumbling and general incompetence by many of those involved getting it to market!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...audio-warning-from-a-producer-engineer.24298/
I don't have a dog in this race because I don't stream and I also don't do anything Apple. But when I hear that a whole catalog is suddenly available as immersive when it wasn't last week I start thinking "mega batch processing." Just a thought. Not necessarily a great one.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock into this guy. Reading further in, it's apparent he and the fellow he quotes isn't interested in anything more than stereo.

Front left mono bug still there in the 2nd developer 15.1 beta released today (probably to be a public beta soon).
I'm staying on 14.7 as long as that's true (and I don't get sloppy and accidentally hit the wrong thing); but I'm really getting bombarded frequently with their notices to Auto Update etc. now!

I'm staying on 14.7 as long as that's true (and I don't get sloppy and accidentally hit the wrong thing); but I'm really getting bombarded frequently with their notices to Auto Update etc. now!

Yeah I tried to do that once (stay on an earlier version that still worked), eventually you'll push the wrong button. They are so persistent!

Yeah I tried to do that once (stay on an earlier version that still worked), eventually you'll push the wrong button. They are so persistent!
Yep, and that little silver remote is soooo touchy, for me at least; that "One False Move" later you're screwed like Billy Bob (et al) in a crime thriller :oops:

Just got back from holiday and unfortunately I updated the Apple TV updated to tvOS 15 Before reading the posts here :confused:
My main issue with Apple Music is that every track takes up to a minute or so to play. Is it a tvOS issue or maybe another problem? Although I do have a 500/500 line, and speed tests show that everything I fine so I don’t see how it could be a connection issue.

Just got back from holiday and unfortunately I updated the Apple TV updated to tvOS 15 Before reading the posts here :confused:
My main issue with Apple Music is that every track takes up to a minute or so to play. Is it a tvOS issue or maybe another problem? Although I do have a 500/500 line, and speed tests show that everything I fine so I don’t see how it could be a connection issue.
It's usually a handshake and AVR codec detection issue. There's a pause while the AVR "recognizes" the codec coming in.

Back