Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a "stereo version" of this on ProStudio Masters and sure enough it is in Atmos on Apple Music...

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-3d-film-music-collection/1590829459
Listened to this album as well as a classical compilation from the same label. Some of the film score takes are great while some others diverge a bit too much from the source material for my taste. Especially the John Williams tracks of which there are multiple Atmos versions (some even by Williams himself).

Wildest Dreams- Majid Jordan (Modern Pop/R&B Soul). Duo- Best known for producing Drake hit ‘Hold on, we’re goin home’
https://music.apple.com/au/album/wildest-dreams/1590623411.
Album highlight- ‘Been Through That’ in my opinion.
Pleasant listening. No wild Atmos. Album a rarity - as it has no expletives. Bass heavy- which I like. Also on Tidal.

Also noticed first Spice Girls album on Tidal- yet to listen.

Spice Up (and lip-synch for) Your Life!! 💅🥳🌶💃💃🏼💃🏽💃🏻💃🏿💆‍♀️

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/spice/723398173
edit: this coulda shoulda woulda been a fun immersive mix with stuff popping up all over the place, just like that Britney Spears DVD-A (name escapes me atm)... instead you'll probably get a better sense of surround running the "Old Spice" 🧴 👃 CD through PLII.. the Rears often feel like they're pretty much a carbon copy of the Fronts..!? 🤯

there are new elements dotted about (most obvious in "Who Do You Think You Are") so its definitely a remix from multi's but presented in such tame surround for the most part they may as well not have bothered..

oh well.. next!! 😂😋

Last edited:

edit: this coulda shoulda woulda been a fun immersive mix with stuff popping up all over the place, just like that Britney Spears DVD-A (name escapes me atm)... instead you'll probably get a better sense of surround running the "Old Spice" 🧴 👃 CD through PLII.. the Rears often feel like they're pretty much a carbon copy of the Fronts..!? 🤯

there are new elements dotted about (most obvious in "Who Do You Think You Are") so its definitely a remix from multi's but presented in such tame surround for the most part they may as well not have bothered..

oh well.. next!! 😂😋
Not even a zig a zig.. ah, eh:D

Not even a zig a zig.. ah, eh:D

😂 not even a second playthrough! i played the whole thing through once just to make sure it was all the same style of mixing.. but then sometime during the 2nd play that Sporty git started singing hard in the Centre channel again and it just went right through me and started rattling my fillings so i shut it off, just dreadful! if any album released in Atmos so far desperately needed a good Atmos mix to make me listen all over again it was this one! 😂

I’ve still got the issue of Dolby Atmos not playing correctly, I.e. not all speakers. Is anyone else still having this issue ? Does anyone know any solutions ?? I just can’t listen to albums like this & like everyone, this is why I subscribed.

I’ve still got the issue of Dolby Atmos not playing correctly, I.e. not all speakers. Is anyone else still having this issue ? Does anyone know any solutions ?? I just can’t listen to albums like this & like everyone, this is why I subscribed.
See pg87 posts from yesterday. The bandaid is unchanged. Play a song for 4-5 seconds and hit ”back”.

See pg87 posts from yesterday. The bandaid is unchanged. Play a song for 4-5 seconds and hit ”back”.

I tried that weeks ago & it didn’t change anything, but will try it again later. It really is annoying & not good enough & the only time I I contacted Apple about another issue, I.e. John Mayer, “Sob Rock” no longer being in Dolby Atmos, ( at the time. ) they were useless & just fobbed off !

I tried that weeks ago & it didn’t change anything, but will try it again later. It really is annoying & not good enough & the only time I I contacted Apple about another issue, I.e. John Mayer, “Sob Rock” no longer being in Dolby Atmos, ( at the time. ) they were useless & just fobbed off !
I don’t know what to tell you…it’s annoying for everybody here, but we’re pimples on a gnat’s ass to Apple.

As for the bandaid, it seems to work for everybody else - at least as long as you listen continuously.

And Sob Rock is available in atmos again (if you didn’t know). It’s a pretty bland mix (and album) though IMHO.

I don’t know what to tell you…it’s annoying for everybody here, but we’re pimples on a gnat’s ass to Apple.

As for the bandaid, it seems to work for everybody else - at least as long as you listen continuously.

And Sob Rock is available in atmos again (if you didn’t know). It’s a pretty bland mix (and album) though IMHO.

Thanks. I will try again later. Oh yes, I know it was available again & enjoyed listening to it, until this issue happened. Anything in Dolby Atmos now is just not listenable to me. ( Yes & Apple only care about money, like any other company. )

Thanks. I will try again later. Oh yes, I know it was available again & enjoyed listening to it, until this issue happened. Anything in Dolby Atmos now is just not listenable to me. ( Yes & Apple only care about money, like any other company. )
Yes, without the bandaid, there is no point in listening to anything in Atmos (or the older 5.1 and quad mixes labeled as Dolby Audio or some such).

Yes, without the bandaid, there is no point in listening to anything in Atmos (or the older 5.1 and quad mixes labeled as Dolby Audio or some such).

Yes true ! Just to clarify, this bandaid is just going back to the beginning of the track(s) ?

Yes true ! Just to clarify, this bandaid is just going back to the beginning of the track(s) ?
Yep. But if it skips back to the previous track, you got a little to quick on the draw. You need to play 4,5,6 secs of the track before skipping back to the beginning of the track.

The fix only works as long as you listen continuously. If you skip to another track or album, you need to do it again. Fortunately, hitting pause doesn’t seem to require you to apply the bandaid again though.

Also I think I’ve run into a few instances where even if you play continuously, it still glitches at the next track. This morning I was playing Abbey Road and the bug kicked in after both Come Together and Something - and in the recesses of my brain, I think this may have happened before with these same tracks.

Oh and FWIW, I believe the Sob Rock atmos mix was pulled by John Mayer, not Apple.

Yep. But if it skips back to the previous track, you got a little to quick on the draw. You need to play 4,5,6 secs of the track before skipping back to the beginning of the track.

The fix only works as long as you listen continuously. If you skip to another track or album, you need to do it again. Fortunately, hitting pause doesn’t seem to require you to apply the bandaid again though.

Also I think I’ve run into a few instances where even if you play continuously, it still glitches at the next track. This morning I was playing Abbey Road and the bug kicked in after both Come Together and Something - and in the recesses of my brain, I think this may have happened before with these same tracks.

Oh and FWIW, I believe the Sob Rock atmos mix was pulled by John Mayer, not Apple.

Thanks again. I’ll give it a go & keep trying. ( Yes, wouldn’t surprise me that John Mayer pulled it. )

oh well.. next!! 😂😋
Agreed 100% this could have been a wild crazy immersive mix bouncing all over the room. Instead it does open up the music into the room (akin to Lennon Plastic Ono Band Atmos mixes) but the end result is this is a WANNABE Atmos mix. Blah.

Back