Apple Music - Dolby Atmos Playback From Mac

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i already set begore i do not want extra software and equipment and other line outputs. I want software from Apple giving a choice between bitstream to an AVR and the already present spatial dolby atmos for headphones and internal speakers.

Like i already set begore i do not want extra software and equipment and other line outputs. I want software from Apple giving a choice between bitstream to an AVR and the already present spatial dolby atmos for headphones and internal speakers.
Friend, we are in the same boat. I would love to play straight from my Mac into my AVR and get Atmos. Tell me, What make and model is your AVR? How many speaker outputs does your AVR have? How many speakers can you connect to it? If it’s only 7.1, I don’t think that Atmos is going to do you much good.

For myself, I am going to try one of the creative workarounds that our fellow members have outlined. I just acquired a new mac Mini, which is the most expensive part for me. My summer project will be to build this Atmos system on the cheap.

Friend, we are in the same boat. I would love to play straight from my Mac into my AVR and get Atmos. Tell me, What make and model is your AVR? How many speaker outputs does your AVR have? How many speakers can you connect to it? If it’s only 7.1, I don’t think that Atmos is going to do you much good.

For myself, I am going to try one of the creative workarounds that our fellow members have outlined. I just acquired a new mac Mini, which is the most expensive part for me. My summer project will be to build this Atmos system on the cheap.
I have a Denon 6700h with 11.1 speakers, not ready dolby atmos, but with 4 height speakers I can also play my surround Music in Auro 3D, very nice

But the 6700h does Atmos, does it not?
I mean this is unrelated to playback on the Mac, but seems like you're saying the AVR won't do Atmos.
Sorry i was not very clear, surely my AVR does Dolby Atmos, but i heave no Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers, i use four B&W mkv1 speakers for the height, two placed so high possible right above the fronts, and two beside me on the listening position, all speakers are because of the Auro 3d settings directed in a position about 1 meter before my ears place in the listening chair

thanks for your question

greetings Peter

Sorry i was not very clear, surely my AVR does Dolby Atmos, but i heave no Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers, i use four B&W mkv1 speakers for the height, two placed so high possible right above the fronts, and two beside me on the listening position, all speakers are because of the Auro 3d settings directed in a position about 1 meter before my ears place in the listening chair

thanks for your question

greetings Peter
Ah, OK. I get it. My ceiling speakers are all mounted to the walls now except one that is mounted to the ceiling. I can't get much height because of a sloped roof. But the Dirac Live seems to do a pretty good job of compensating.

thanks for your question

greetings Peter
It sounds like you have a great system Peter! I’m just curious, have you considered adding a “voice of God” speaker and do you use Auromatic upmixing? Also, what went into your decision to set up your system for Auro 3D versus going with the more standard Dolby Atmos?

It sounds like you have a great system Peter! I’m just curious, have you considered adding a “voice of God” speaker and do you use Auromatic upmixing? Also, what went into your decision to set up your system for Auro 3D versus going with the more standard Dolby Atmos?
I read about before my upgrading, but i had to compromise between the room possibilities and the equipment. I had before upgrading a NAD T758; was always satisfied about NAD, but my dealer did a great offer for thd Denon 6700 h, and i have all for more than 40 years B&W speakers, and reading on internet choosing for tge B&W mkv2 is heigt is also a good compromise. I did tge setup complete manual, eith a DB app.

i am very satisfied, cable television, Blu ray player, thorens Td 160 and Apple tv are the main sources.

I read about before my upgrading, but i had to compromise between the room possibilities and the equipment. I had before upgrading a NAD T758; was always satisfied about NAD, but my dealer did a great offer for thd Denon 6700 h, and i have all for more than 40 years B&W speakers, and reading on internet choosing for tge B&W mkv2 is heigt is also a good compromise. I did tge setup complete manual, eith a DB app.

i am very satisfied, cable television, Blu ray player, thorens Td 160 and Apple tv are the main sources.
Most excellent Peter. You sound like a happy man.

Another problem is that MacOS limits HDMI outputs to 8 channels, so you'll need to use line outputs to get all 12 signals out of the computer.
This was a part of a post some months ago.
i like to hear how this connection must be installed from a MacBook Pro from 2018 with thunderbolt ports to my AVR DENON x6500H, and how will be the settings on the MacBook Pro, and the AVR? I have also a MacMini from the same year, both Ventura

I can use my system from a distance no screen needed, with Apple TV is that not possible.
I have to correct this.
i use two Apple TV 4K, one in the living, I have there found a solution within the settings of the TV to make my screen black. And then plays the Apple tv my music. Will I control the music then I only have to touch one button of the remote.

And one in my bedroom, there are two HomePods mini connected to the Apple TV. I can choose the music on the tv screen, and then completely put the TV off, and my music is still playing. Control the music is possible in the home app on my iPhone or even on my Apple Watch. And I’am very satisfied with the Dolby Atmos sound over the two HomePods Mini. Nice work APPLE.

Back