Apple Music Library. Effected my iPhone storage. Suggestions?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi,
I have been adding music to my Apple 4k library, via the home box. I went over the gigabyte storage (256) of my iPhone which started to have problems, accessing apps, pictures, etc.
I went to my local TMobile store and they said:
1. The media, mostly music and pictures exceeds the 256gig of the phone.
2. I can purchase iCloud space up to 2TB for $9.99 a month.
3. However this will not create space in the actual phone, and the problem will still exist.
4. The only way is to delete either pictures and music to get under the 256 gig of my phone.
5. I went home, opened up Music on my Apple 4K box and opened my library and deleted a lot of albums.
6. Turned on phone and all is back to normal, problem solved, and a lot of the tunes in my Apple Library I didn't listen to anyway.

My question: I know a lot of you on QQ load up your Apple library especially with Spatial Audio (Dolby Atmos) albums. Is there anyway of getting around this? I am sure I am not the only one.

Hi,
I have been adding music to my Apple 4k library, via the home box. I went over the gigabyte storage (256) of my iPhone which started to have problems, accessing apps, pictures, etc.
I went to my local TMobile store and they said:
1. The media, mostly music and pictures exceeds the 256gig of the phone.
2. I can purchase iCloud space up to 2TB for $9.99 a month.
3. However this will not create space in the actual phone, and the problem will still exist.
4. The only way is to delete either pictures and music to get under the 256 gig of my phone.
5. I went home, opened up Music on my Apple 4K box and opened my library and deleted a lot of albums.
6. Turned on phone and all is back to normal, problem solved, and a lot of the tunes in my Apple Library I didn't listen to anyway.

My question: I know a lot of you on QQ load up your Apple library especially with Spatial Audio (Dolby Atmos) albums. Is there anyway of getting around this? I am sure I am not the only one.
Just a guess, but do you have “Add Playlist Songs” toggled on?
32CFACFB-66CA-4BDF-A22C-418DF3F2C35F.jpeg

If you want to stream Atmos for playback rather than playing directly off your iPhone this may work for you.

Thank you,
I switched "Add Playlist" off. The rest is just like yours.
I noticed down further, in Downloaded Music which says 180.14 GB I looked at that and there is a ton of music I never even heard of, so I will look through that and delete more.
Thanks for the tip.

I solved one problem, Settings>Music>Downloaded Music.
I deleted it all, what's even the point, strictly in my case as I don't listen to music via my iPhone ever.
I do play music from iPhone via Tidal or Amazon/Apple on my Bluetooth stereo in the garage when I work on my car, but I just play what the wind blows me.
When in the car I always either listen to my SiriusXM or my USB drives.
I am glad I had this problem, I learned a lot today.

Back