[ARCHIVE] 2008 QuadraphonicQuad eBay "SHOCKER" Log

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am continually amazed that people do not take the few minutes on Google necessary to price out these discs before they spend this kind of money. 5point1 sells this for ~$60; Amazon Marketplace sells new for ~$175, which, dare I say is a bargain compared to $250! Took literally 10 seconds to find these via Google. However, I'm sure these people also have the kind of disposable income I can only dream about right now (at least I hope that's the reason!). In that case I say good for them; their money made two people happy on that auction (and entertained scores more). :D

BTW, the seller did quite the promotional job in his listing!

"Maybe I'm Amazed"
Josh :)

man oh man the dvd-a BSS x ELP keeps increasing in price! So far re: dvd-a I have $668.00 in 4 discs! not too shabby for a $80.00 investment (@$20.00 per)

$150 dollars a disc, what a bargain! :rolleyes: ;)

You'd also think for $300 you'd get a little bit of a description of just how "used" this disc really is. I love the "No need to comment" line. :confused:

We need a popcorn smiley. ;)
Josh

Probably taken in trade for $8.................:rolleyes:

They're thinking there has to be one sucker hot'n'stupid enough to pay $300 for Alison Krauss. She should be flattered....:D

ED :)

I've always wondered if these artists/bands (e.g., Krauss, Fagen, Becker, etc.) know how much their surround titles go for on eBay and how they feel about it (um, like not seeing a penny of it :().

I've always wondered if these artists/bands (e.g., Krauss, Fagen, Becker, etc.) know how much their surround titles go for on eBay and how they feel about it (um, like not seeing a penny of it :().

Wouldn't it be nice to know? Kinda doubtful, really. Since it's hard to tell how 'bad' Becker & Fagen might feel about their catalog NOT getting out in 5.1(after it being nicely remixed and ready to go), it's even harder to imagine them scouring eBay to find out how much KAMAKIRIAD or a Q8 of CAN'T BUY A THRILL are going for...:D

Attachments

• cd4.jpg
    cd4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 113
Might've been me, if I'd known about 'em...:D But I'm admittedly erratic when it comes to eBay, I'm afraid...hate missing something this unusual(and unique). For whoever won, nice catch! :)

I've still got my quad Lp....don't think I ever played it twice....tough going, I thought(though nothing as tough as my one attempt to go through Webber's PHANTOM OF THE OPERA 2-Lp vinyl set...:eek: )

That this one would go for that kind of coin is more of a shock than many posted here, IMO.

Jeez-a-lou. That's amazing. And yes, I remember those stacks, although around here it was Woolworth, and there were plenty of copies of Anita Kerr's "The Sea" keeping them company.

Jeez-a-lou. That's amazing. And yes, I remember those stacks, although around here it was Woolworth, and there were plenty of copies of Anita Kerr's "The Sea" keeping them company.

And that weird WB release "Summer". :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back