ARCHIVE: 2009 QuadraphonicQuad eBay "Shocker Log"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks guys! I appreciate the assist, as I can't always (ever) find them all!

(PS - I already had the Eric Johnson DVD-A)

FORMAT
|
ARTIST/TITLE/NOTES
|
eBay ITEM No.
|
PRICE
|
NEW
SACD |MATT BIANCO MATT'S MOOD| 320444473268 |$0150.00|
NEW!!
SACD |DEPECHE MODE BLACK CELEBRATION (UK)| 190344227531 |$0151.57|
NEW!!
SACD |DEPECHE MODE BLACK CELEBRATION (UK)| 230388776125 |$0159.12|
NEW!!
SACD |DEPECHE MODE BLACK CELEBRATION (UK)| 270466888533 |$0111.53|
NEW!!
SACD |DEPECHE MODE BLACK CELEBRATION (UK)| 360195322426 |$0111.28|
NEW!!

Carly Simon No Secrets DVD-Audio sealed went for $105.00 #250524734992 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250524734992&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Carly Simon No Secrets DVD-Audio sealed went for $114.00 #300362063981 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300362063981&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Wow! Thanks. Geez, I've really been dropping the ball lately.

Hey, did you notice the two different cover graphics? Don't think I've ever seen the one on the left except in promotional graphics.

FORMAT
|
ARTIST/TITLE/NOTES
|
eBay ITEM No.
|
PRICE
|
NEW
DVD-AUDIO |CARLY SIMON NO SECRETS| 250524734992 |$0105.00|
NEW!!
DVD-AUDIO |CARLY SIMON NO SECRETS| 300362063981 |$0114.00|
NEW!!

Attachments

• nosecrets2.jpg
    nosecrets2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 170
  • nosecrets1.jpg
    nosecrets1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 173
Hey, did you notice the two different cover graphics? Don't think I've ever seen the one on the left except in promotional graphics.

Queen ANATO also has two different covers, although not as drastic as the Carly one. The main difference being the paper in the spine is blue in Europe vs black in the US. If I get time I'll take pictures.

A newcomer heading straight for Top 50: Sita - Happy (SACD) for EUR 213.50 (approximately US $311.32)

Wow. That's pretty impressive. This one is on my sacd.net wish list. But I'm thinking it will be a rare day when I can get that one :mad:@:

Side note: beyond the direct link, I cannot "search" ebay for this one using advance search options: completed auctions. Of late I've found the ability to find things in ebay to be inconsistent in the results even though it should work. I check ebay almost every day for SACD's and somehow this one escaped me.

I have two copie of Billy COBHAM's Spectrum and as the Band's The Last Waltz with the same graphics differences as Carly Simon's No Secrets: one was manufactured in E.U (with the thicker top band), and one was manufactured in the U.S.A. (with two smaller bands on top and bottom).

I believe it's common on all DVD-A titles issued in both Europe and America.

I had not noticed those graphic differences earlier!

I have two copie of Billy COBHAM's Spectrum and as the Band's The Last Waltz with the same graphics differences as Carly Simon's No Secrets: one was manufactured in E.U (with the thicker top band), and one was manufactured in the U.S.A. (with two smaller bands on top and bottom).

That ties in with my Purchased in Japan version which was manufactured in Germany. Mine has the thicker top band and I have never seen any like the Right hand side.

That explains it. Thanks! (y)

The Carly Simon DVD-A came out when there was a glut of titles in the market. I held it in my hands quite a few times and passed. At the time I needed to prioritize and this didn't make the cut, especially since I already had the quad version. The same goes for the Doobie Brothers DVD-A.

If only there was a time machine...:(

I have also noticed a difference in the Donald Fagen Kamiriakad disc.

One version has the thick advanced resolution band and the other says 5.1 surround at the top.

Green

You know what really sucks is that there is no reason what so ever these WB/Rhino titles could not be manufactured and sold by "BecauseSoundMatters". The work has been done and all it would take is manufacturing runs that could easily be recouped by selling the discs at retail directly through their own supply chain. They could market the discs to automobile owners and dealerships, and they would not even have to release a new title if these catalog discs did not sell. Heck, all of the stock they cut-out could have been sold at list, through them, and they would have made some serious cash and maintained their product in the market.

Instead, folks are paying $100+ for titles that could easily be available at retail if WB/Rhino did a bit of "outside the box" thinking.

Gettin' this thread back on topic, here's some more "Shockers!"

FORMAT
|
ARTIST/TITLE/NOTES
|
eBay ITEM No.
|
PRICE
|
NEW

Q4|JETHRO TULL AQUALUNG| 280417974804 |$0112.50|
NEW!!

SQ|PINK FLOYD DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (UK)| 270483850760 |$0129.50|
NEW!!

CD-4|ELVIS PRESLEY LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS| 290365817946 |$0130.39|
NEW!!

Q4|ELVIS PRESLEY ALOHA FROM HAWAII| 110453218055 |$0155.50|
NEW!!

This was a bit of a ebay shocker for me. I don't think I've seen a SACD sampler go for so much. Not really familiar with the artists or tracks so I couldn't say what the appeal for this sampler is.

$138.95 for "Best of Super Audio Cd - Various artists", Rare sampler 2002

1. Jam & Spoon feat. Rea - Be.Angeled
2. Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5 (A little bit of...)
3. Candy Dulfer - Lily Was Here
4. Faithless - Muhammed Ali
5. H-Blockx - Take Me Home
6. Guano Apes - Living In A Lie
7. Eurythmics - There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)
8. Westlife - I Lay My Love On You
9. Law - XXX
10. O-town - All Or Nothing
11. Modern Talking - Win The Race
12. City - Am Fenster

Attachments

• clip_image001.jpg
    clip_image001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 335
This was a bit of a ebay shocker for me. I don't think I've seen a SACD sampler go for so much. Not really familiar with the artists or tracks so I couldn't say what the appeal for this sampler is.

I'd love to hear Candy Dulfer's song in 5.1...but not for $140!! :mad:@:

PS - This seller has a copy of Groove Armada's Lovebox and bidding has already reached $120, with over 4 days left to go!

Groove Armada - Lovebox sold for over 123 €uros. That is over 180 USD!!! :eek:

See here!!!

Thanks again everyone. I'll update the list tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back