• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Aretha Franklin's Greatest Hits - The Next QUADIO Title

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
WMG have so many of these, if they haven't already destroyed the masters,QUOTE]

When we requested material from CBS Special Markets for the DTS titles, they were already in digital form, and all they had to do was replicate and send them. The Sony material was sent Hi 8 for a da-88. But typical shit from these guys, unorganized. We received an Ojays title with side 1 twice. Couple other titles were screwed up, out of the few we received. But Sony probably spent the dough to digitally organize somewhat, even back then, 1996. Most corporations in this country can not see beyond the next quarter. I doubt it that most are destroyed, but condition and location may be all over the map with WB titles. Maybe Quadwreck can inquire from his sources about the way WB has stored original material.
Sad to hear that. The master tapes (and copies) are the key assets for a record company. Keeping them well organized and at hand should be job 1.

Quadwreck

Since 2002/2003

When we requested material from CBS Special Markets for the DTS titles, they were already in digital form, and all they had to do was replicate and send them. The Sony material was sent Hi 8 for a da-88. But typical shit from these guys, unorganized. We received an Ojays title with side 1 twice. Couple other titles were screwed up, out of the few we received. But Sony probably spent the dough to digitally organize somewhat, even back then, 1996. Most corporations in this country can not see beyond the next quarter. I doubt it that most are destroyed, but condition and location may be all over the map with WB titles. Maybe Quadwreck can inquire from his sources about the way WB has stored original material.
I've been told that it's been well-treated, but a lot of labels fell off over the years (common in many archives), one person to thank is Bill Inglot, who no longer works there. He did a lot of organizing when he was working at Rhino.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

do you recall which O'Jays album you got side 1 of twice in Quad?

quadtrade

Since 2002/2003
do you recall which O'Jays album you got side 1 of twice in Quad?
It is this one!
Fred and all of you who happen to see this, send me an email addy for a link to dropbox and your Christmas wish will come true. Giving is good and you Kats and Kitten(s) can have this for a gift. No, I will not do anything will the email address, just put it in the place that gives you access to the half album. I put it up in dtswave and flac, ask for either or both. Just an easy way to this for a while without sending it all over the planet. Happy Solstice! Made it to the new cycle! Almost time to plant pepper seed! May your new year wishes come true!!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It is this one!
Fred and all of you who happen to see this, send me an email addy for a link to dropbox and your Christmas wish will come true. Giving is good and you Kats and Kitten(s) can have this for a gift. No, I will not do anything will the email address, just put it in the place that gives you access to the half album. I put it up in dtswave and flac, ask for either or both. Just an easy way to this for a while without sending it all over the planet. Happy Solstice! Made it to the new cycle! Almost time to plant pepper seed! May your new year wishes come true!!
Wow!! :yikes Really!? Thank you!!! :D :worthy :wave

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

It is this one!
Sorry - what album is it?