HiRez Poll Argent - IN DEEP [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Argent - IN DEEP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I do have an Oppo 103D, but I also have a Denon 2910 and on that it’s simply a matter of going to the front button that says Super Audio Set Up and changing it from multichannel to stereo. Your player probably has a similar option.
Thanks for the response. I knew I'd get some kind of help around here. 👍 PS Hope to see you again at the Mauch Chunk Opera House later this year when things improve (I hope).

Only 15 votes, huh? Really? Only 15 QQ'rs own this?
1) Only one album is in quad while the other two in the package are stereo only
2) 24 Quid for only one quad album...and all three albums are not A-list material
3) Most baffling: The powers at Columbia yet again released a follow-up album, In Deep, as a quad rather than All Together Now which had the monster hit Hold Your Head Up.

So no, I did not buy this one. Would I have bought it if Hold Your Head Up was in the set in quad? Yes.

1) Only one album is in quad while the other two in the package are stereo only
2) 24 Quid for only one quad album...and all three albums are not A-list material
3) Most baffling: The powers at Columbia yet again released a follow-up album, In Deep, as a quad rather than All Together Now which had the monster hit Hold Your Head Up.

So no, I did not buy this one. Would I have bought it if Hold Your Head Up was in the set in quad? Yes.
While "Hold Your Head Up" was a monster hit I feel that "In Deep" is a much better album than "All Together Now" overall. The tracks "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" as well as "It's Only Money (pt1&2)" are every bit as good, even better IMHO than that hit. You should get it!

Too bad that every Columbia album from that time period didn't get the quad treatment but we should cherish the ones that we do have!
I suspect that the focus was on the current new album releases of the time.

The DV albums are great value, I would be willing to pay far more! I gave it a ten!

Back