Music DVD Poll Aristocrats, The - BOING, WE'LL DO IT LIVE! [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DD DVD of The Aristocrats - BOING, WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2012 live release from The Aristocrats entitled "Boing, We'll Do It Live!".
Filmed at San Pedro, California's Alvas Showroom in June 2012, the audio was mixed in 5.1 surround by Steven Wilson.

(y) :) (n)
Artistocrats Front.jpeg

Aristocrats Back.jpeg

Aristocrats DIsc.jpeg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/the-aristocrats-boing-well-do-it-live.16838/

On performance and execution alone, I rate this superlative DVD a 9. Haven’t watched mine in a while but I recall that Steven’s mix was good tho very front centric given it’s a live trio. Will have to revisit to make sure my recollection is correct, but these guys are beyond superior musicians and this impressive document finds them weaving their magic in flabbergasting fashion. Definitely belongs in the collection of any QQ guitarist!

2 of the three guys were in Steven Wilson solo band. Marco Minneman is a fantastic drummer. Govan Guthrie, the guitarist is highly underrated and of the same level as say Alan Holdsworth was. This is a fantastic 5.1 mix. Incredible class acts. And very afforable.

My copy gets 'stuck' around track 15 (layer change issue with my Oppo 203?), so I haven't been able to finish listening to it!

Back