Arjen Lucassen's Star One - Revel in Time (3CD+Blu-Ray) is coming in February 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

I really hope this means that Arjen is finally going hi-res in surround this time!
The album comes more than 10 years since the previous Star One release Victims of the Modern Age and is due out on February 18 via InsideOutMusic.

The album will be available for pre-order on December 17, and it will come as Ltd. 2CD Digipak, Ltd. Deluxe 3CD+Blu-Ray Artbook (incl. a poster of the cover artwork), and as 180g Gatefold 2LP (incl. the album on CD & an LP-Booklet).

CD2 features alternate versions of the same songs as CD1, but with different vocalists. Also available will be a 5.1 mix, a high-res audio version, and an exclusive, hour-long Behind The Scenes video, on the Blu-ray included in the Artbook.
Source:
https://bravewords.com/news/arjen-l...ase-date-for-new-star-one-album-revel-in-time
1633534912004.png

Last edited:
Not familiar with this band, but just sampled some and it could be something I might try if it has surround (normally don't go for Heavy Metal.)

Sounds like it'd be right up @GOS' alley though, so hit the Floor runnin' Gene baby!

1633548500360.png

Another Limited Edition :unsure:

* what their package details list :unsure:
Someone contact the Ministry of Offense

Disc 4: Blu-ray:

– Revel In Time - Behind the Scenes

– 5.1 audio mix CD I

– 2.0 Hi res 24 bit audio mix CD I and CD II

– Videoclip - Lost Children of the Universe

– Videoclip - Fate of Man

Anyone finding the LFE on the 5.1 mix too overwhelming? On the stereo mix its ok but the 5.1 is too much bass heavy.

Last edited:
Just arrived in the mail today so am listening to the stereo mixes while I work. What a hoot to have the album, have it again with different singers, instrumentally and then the 5.1 is actually on BR this time.

Arjen offers up a great package with the revel in time artbook. The 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio is on point as are the 2 cd's in hi-rez 24 bit stereo included on the blu-ray.
This album rocks from start to finish and the surrounds are active throughout.
With so many amazing artists on one album it is essential to have someway to follow who is singing, and who played the blistering guitar solo you just heard. The artbook is laid out wonderfully and allows you to easily follow the lyrics, and get info on the artist's appearing on each track.
Revel in time - behind the scenes is entertaining and worth watching.
With so much talent brought together on one album this was an easy purchase for me, but Arjen Lucassen exceeded my expectations with Star One - Revel In Time.

Back