Art Garfunkel & Lynn Anderson in SACD Surround (Jan 2018)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s not amazon selling them. That’s Dutton Vocalion selling the releases through amazon.
We would be better off purchasing the titles directly from DV’s website and helping them out that way.

For me, it was much cheaper buying direct from Vocalion. US $59.61 (chose tracking) Amazon would have been US $71.94

:)

Snood ordered both Art's tracked

Still waiting on my past shipment of pickers and doc grrrrrrrrrrr :howl

As always, Dave, many, many thanks for your participation in this endeavor. You're an invaluable assistant to Michael Dutton and his foray into QUADRAPHONIC SACD releases. Some great background info and I look forward to all three D~V January releases.

NEVER thought D~V could/would pull these releases off [most especially the two Garfunkel QUADs] at such a NICE price point and even the Lynn Anderson 'classic' is most welcomed, especially as part of a two~fer.

I still scratch my head at how expeditiously Michael Dutton releases these QUAD reissues while maintaining such absolutely incredible quality control. I listened to the Hugo Montenegro/Mancini/Conniff/Severinsen two~fers last night and such perfection in the mastering from these 50 year old master tapes. Hearing Mancini's Symphonic Soul from pristine masters for the first time in QUAD was indeed a revelation and a delight.

I only hope sales are brisk and D~V can continue to release these treasures.

Looking forward to your liner notes on all three new releases, Dave. I know they'll be special.

Very well said.. not much more to add.. i’d also like to say with tip my hat thank you Dave !

OMG! I didn't realize that the song My Little Town was included on Breakaway. whoa.....one of my favorite Simon/Garfunkel songs. :yikes

I didn’t know that either, I always thought it was a one off single.
That song alone makes this disc worth getting.

And I see “I Only Have Eyes For You” is on this album too, definite must buy

Snood ordered both Art's tracked

Still waiting on my past shipment of pickers and doc grrrrrrrrrrr :howl

I'll be ordering Lynn Anderson for sure, I'm not big on Art Garfunkle, but if the two albums would of been released as a 2-fer I might of bitten. It would be nice if Dutton could get Simon & Garfunkle or the solo Paul Simon albums.

I'll be ordering Lynn Anderson for sure, I'm not big on Art Garfunkle, but if the two albums would of been released as a 2-fer I might of bitten. It would be nice if Dutton could get Simon & Garfunkle or the solo Paul Simon albums.

Two considerations may have precluded the Garfunkel albums from being a two~fer: Length to accommodate the maximum 80 minute playing time of the CD layer of a hybrid SACD and the fact that I do consider these two albums A list titles and licensing fees may have been higher. Considering that ALL US reissue companies charge $30 for EACH stereo SACD reissue and in Audio Fidelity's case, $30 list for a single QUAD/5.1 SACD, D~V's prices are veritable bargains in today's reissue market at roughly $15US each, shipping INCLUDED including their two~fer QUAD titles @ $7.50 each album!

Damn it! More titles?

I haven't any room on the shelves for the eight that came just before Christmas. I need a bigger house.

Oh well, ordered.

Wow ! This is great news.
Just ordered all three from DV.
I have Lynn Anderson's Greatest Hits on a very clean sounding Q8, it's a really fun mix and can't wait to hear it on SACD.

All ordered, I prefer Angel Clare myself....if you were alive in 74? you couldn't have missed "All I Know" on the radio, has the majestic soaring strings/vocal combo just as BOTW. Went back to pick Carlos and Alice along with them....now if I can just get in the 3 I ordered back on Dec 15th. I'm not a huge country fan, or what passes for country since the early 90's when the emergence of rap had lots of city slickers don a 10 gallon hat and move to Nashville.... but I 've had the Anderson SQ lps and they are fun, George J. and Tammy W. would be good for DV also. There are a couple more Columbia's that would suit the program....then we'd have the complete Hee Haw line-up! (Those outside the US may have to google that...) :yikes

I'm in shock...Do you know how many times I bid over $100 for the Breakaway Q8 and LOST the auction!!! This is great .....will be ordering this and several others.

I'm in shock...Do you know how many times I bid over $100 for the Breakaway Q8 and LOST the auction!!! This is great .....will be ordering this and several others.

Me too. I bid over $100 multiple times for that Q8 a while ago (8 years) and got outbid at least 4 times until I finally got one - that was bad!

Wow, awesome. Ordering all three. Woo hoo.

Very nice.
I have all 3 on order.

Vocalion SACDs for Jan2018-295x300.jpg

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/vocalion-new-releases-jan-2018/

With the other major SACD re-issue labels constantly “behind” with their releases how is it that DV seems to get things out with such regularity?

Wow, pulled that one out of the ether! :) It will be fun to finally hear the real master and I will indeed check for that weird drop out.
Thanks for reminding me.

Jon - wow so young and and angry back then :p

:couch

No ban Snoooood :rolleyes:

With the other major SACD re-issue labels constantly “behind” with their releases how is it that DV seems to get things out with such regularity?

They likely send requests to labels far in advance of when we hear about the release. So it's not as quick as it appears to be on our end. I think they have many requests in already that are waiting for approvals. They need not rush anything, or get caught up in delays.

I wonder how they can check quality of tapes being so far away? Or do they travel to the US regularly and do listening and vault research while they are there. It seems like it would be more difficult in that regard being far away from where the masters are stored.

Back