Art Garfunkel's Breakway Album on Stereo SACD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
checked the corresponding placeholder listing on Amazon Germany, which details the Art Garfunkel Breakaway SACD as being on the MFSL label.. so I guess we can forget any Quad being included if it ever comes out :(

I did some googling and it looks like MoFi were working on that title for release circa 1999, but it was scuttled when they went bankrupt and got bought by Music Direct, so presumably that's where that Amazon listing originates.

Haven't seen Breakway by Art Garfunkel mentioned by Mobile Fidelity as an upcoming Stereo SACD.

Also worth noting that over the years there have been a number of albums listed by Amazon as SACDs that either a) were never released on SACD or b) never even planned for SACD release.
So I'd take those listings with a grain of salt, as they say. :)

This is the product info from amazon.de showing the 1999 release date:

Produktinformation
Audio CD (6. Dezember 1999)
Hinweis: SACD-kompatible Hardware erforderlich
Anzahl Disks/Tonträger: 1
Format: SACD
Label: Mfsl (in-Akustik)
ASIN: B00006ZSUP

and the stevehoffman.tv thread (which includes some notable QQers!) that explains that the disc showed up in MFSL brochures (and was maybe even pressed) but never released.

oh well there we go, its something or nothing from 1999 when things were very different in the music biz. please feel free to delete this thread. at least there's still hope for a Breakaway Quad SACD someday :)

Back