• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Art Of Noise -Daft [SACD] and Propaganda A Secrect Wish [SACD] are still available

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi There Tiso,

Thanks for the heads-up, is the Art Of Noise Multi-channel? If so, how do you feel the mix quality is?

Thanks,
Gabe

Hi There Tiso,

Thanks for the heads-up, is the Art Of Noise Multi-channel? If so, how do you feel the mix quality is?

Thanks,
Gabe

Hi! It is multichannel. I do feel the mix quality is excellent. I really like this SACD.

I disagree about the Propaganda SACD - I'm not sure if all of it was even in discrete surround. The surround mix of Dr. Mabuse seemed to lose all the impact of the stereo mix. I was really disappointed with it.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a couple of SACDs from the ZTT label - both these titles, plus Rage Hard - and was looking forward to hearing them. Is Daft really that bad? I've played its opening track in 5.1 before, on a friend's system, and it sounded impressive at the time. :( I'll temper my expectations when I eventually play it at home. Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Blue. :)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a couple of SACDs from the ZTT label - both these titles, plus Rage Hard - and was looking forward to hearing them. Is Daft really that bad? I've played its opening track in 5.1 before, on a friend's system, and it sounded impressive at the time. :( I'll temper my expectations when I eventually play it at home. Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Blue. :)

hi Glenshoreham :hi

Daft feels impressive, initially, everything sounds pristine and there's a sensation of surround but it all just hangs there, nothing remarkable happens, nothing stands out. i couldn't detect anything coming from the Rears that wasn't already in the Fronts and when i scrutinised the individual tracks that turned out to be the case, albeit all the replicated info was at a lower volume back there possibly with some mild reverb/processing done to it i don't know?

tbh i've never cracked the seal on my Art Of Noise Reconstructed SACD, i don't know why it got lost in the piles, it may be great, i don't know! ah, i'll get around to it sometime, maybe sooner now my curiosity's piqued!

i haven't played the Propaganda SACD since i got it a number of years ago but i don't remember it being upto much surroundwise (if it was really great surround i'm pretty sure i'd have played it more than once in all these years!).. all is not lost though ultimately because to me the FGTH Rage Hard 5.1 is good and in a different league to Daft, so nil desperandum and all that! (y)

I'd read somewhere that Daft was processed surround, it's a shame it cost you to find out but thanks for letting us know for sure, Adam.

Hi hi! :LB

Cheers for the information. I think I'll give that opening track a spin soon, so I can appreciate the processing effects you've described. At least the disc didn't cost me an arm and a leg (roughly US$40/€35/£31 a few years ago). A Secret Wish cost me rather more (about US$54/€47/£41), and I really like p:Machinery, so that's another track for me to analyse. Good to hear that the FGTH compilation received better treatment for SACD, though. Aside from the big singles, I really like their cover of Born To Run, which made the cut for that release.

It looks like there's plenty for me to consider when listening properly to a release, before committing to rate it on the polls here. :D Rome wasn't built in a day, though. Thanks again!

Back