Atmos mixes not available on Apple

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

LennonCobain

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Back in November 2020, a Dolby Atmos mix of Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend was made available exclusively on Amazon Music. Never listened to it, but am curious how it compares to the 5.1 BDA mix.

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Jr. Mod
Back in November 2020, a Dolby Atmos mix of Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend was made available exclusively on Amazon Music. Never listened to it, but am curious how it compares to the 5.1 BDA mix.
Is this no longer available on Tidal? I auditioned it during my free trial period this past summer - it's pretty good, but the Clearmountain 5.1 mix is better.

himey

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Is this no longer available on Tidal? I auditioned it during my free trial period this past summer - it's pretty good, but the Clearmountain 5.1 mix is better.
I listened to it a few days ago in Atmos with (only) four full range channels and it sounded great. What do like about the 5.1 mix and/or dislike in the Atmos version?

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Jr. Mod
I listened to it a few days ago in Atmos with (only) four full range channels and it sounded great. What do like about the 5.1 mix and/or dislike in the Atmos version?
The Atmos seemed more like a 'set-it-and-forget-it" mix with the rear & height speakers used mostly for percussion, whereas Clearmountain move occasionally move backing vocals, guitars, and keys to the back as well. The backing vocal refrains in "Jamming" popping up in different speakers is a great touch that's unfortunately missing from the Atmos mix.