Atmos mixes not available on Apple

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlake6659

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Trying to make a list of Atmos mixes that are available on Bluray and Tidal that are not available as of now on Apple.

Please provide a link if found.

I'll start with INXS - Kick.

Elton John - Rocket Man

Trying to make a list of Atmos mixes that are available on Bluray and Tidal that are not available as of now on Apple.

Please provide a link if found.

I'll start with INXS - Kick.

Elton John - Rocket Man
Rocket Man in Atmos on Blu-ray and Tidal? I’m in for that Blu-ray, can you provide a pointer?

INXS Kick... You're not missing a thing. Believe me. It's an awful mix (really more of 5.1 than Atmos for most effects, IMO) and it won't play on KODI here (bitrate too high it seems to play off a dump of it). I wish I could get my money back and spend it on something more worthwhile.

Kick plays for me on Kodi. The mix is ok but nothing spectacular. Worthwhile if you’re a fan. Some nice music videos as a bonus.

Kick plays for me on Kodi. The mix is ok but nothing spectacular. Worthwhile if you’re a fan. Some nice music videos as a bonus.

Well, it plays here, but skips on three of the tracks (and does not skip on the actual disc in a BD player so I'm assuming it's the bitrate, but I suppose it could be that the player is simply correcting the error). The same tracks play fine in 5.1, however. There's just not much overhead use anyway, IMO. Yeah, the videos were nice, but it's not like I watch them all the time.

Don Mclean - American Pie
The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Here we go again. Remember way back when if you had HBO you got to (eventually) see all the movie releases? Then Showtime and others came into existence and you were forced to subscribe to both services to get broader content. So here we have Apple and Tidal with their exclusive content and I'm sure other services will materialize in time.

Here we go again. Remember way back when if you had HBO you got to (eventually) see all the movie releases? Then Showtime and others came into existence and you were forced to subscribe to both services to get broader content. So here we have Apple and Tidal with their exclusive content and I'm sure other services will materialize in time.

i don't like it either.. but if it gets more surround music out and this is the only way the labels think they can monetise it at this moment in time i'll reluctantly go with whatever flash in the pan potty business model they've come up with this season!

Thanks! In my top 5 songs. Hopefully the Atmos mix will find its way to Apple Music and a Blu-ray :)

tbh i think i prefer the old SACD 5.1 mix of "Rocket Man".. the Atmos is almost too dynamic (!) it starts out super quiet so you have to crank it and the track builds to being super loud so by the end of the song my ears hurt!! 😆😬

i don't like it either.. but if it gets more surround music out and this is the only way the labels think they can monetise it at this moment in time i'll reluctantly go with whatever flash in the pan potty business model they've come up with this season!
Yeah, it’s frustrating that I am now considering an Apple TV 4K and Apple Music subscription in addition to my Shield plus Tidal subscription. Still, if I had to buy physical media for all that I am enjoying on streaming it would be even more expensive less the convenience of streaming. I do wish Tidal would address the volume issue and they would get the technology to stream lossless.

Yeah, it’s frustrating that I am now considering an Apple TV 4K and Apple Music subscription in addition to my Shield plus Tidal subscription. Still, if I had to buy physical media for all that I am enjoying on streaming it would be even more expensive less the convenience of streaming. I do wish Tidal would address the volume issue and they would get the technology to stream lossless.
Yes, we are paying for low quality audio, which is another sore point unto itself.

Is this (maybe) a fairly authoritative list of Atmos tracks on Tidal?:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y_A6K11hjHAVi9QrAKzmQd1ZRXaqD3C8/view

I just finally dove into Tidal today (3 month trial). With Amazon 4K fire stick plugged into the Realizer A16 I am getting 9.1.6 Atmos :LB

I actually manage that list. It was pointed out to me on another thread here that is was incomplete. I went on a mission to fix it and found about 300+ buried tracks that were missing. Note that there are actually some tracks on this list that are no longer available on Tidal. Its not common (Booka Shade - Dear Future Self - comes to mind) but I'm keeping them up there just so people know it exists out there...

Basic List - https://drive.google.com/file/d/17s9zm5ieg5p46MTVSLrLhb8FD9bxM2PQ/view?usp=sharing
List with Art (big file) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zll5nr2IJv9MK8NTcdRJkSjypfEGrim9/view?usp=sharing

I think I am going to retire the "newest on top" version of the list. I simply pull that information from these 2 places, so I don't think its particularly useful any longer.

https://listen.tidal.com/view/pages...27f6/8/36897818-0189-42d8-89e0-5123a6d8b4a5/1https://listen.tidal.com/playlist/842c6d95-a332-48dc-af28-92c573bd4fdc

Back