Atmos mixes not available on Apple

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in November 2020, a Dolby Atmos mix of Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend was made available exclusively on Amazon Music. Never listened to it, but am curious how it compares to the 5.1 BDA mix.

Back in November 2020, a Dolby Atmos mix of Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend was made available exclusively on Amazon Music. Never listened to it, but am curious how it compares to the 5.1 BDA mix.

Is this no longer available on Tidal? I auditioned it during my free trial period this past summer - it's pretty good, but the Clearmountain 5.1 mix is better.

Is this no longer available on Tidal? I auditioned it during my free trial period this past summer - it's pretty good, but the Clearmountain 5.1 mix is better.

I listened to it a few days ago in Atmos with (only) four full range channels and it sounded great. What do like about the 5.1 mix and/or dislike in the Atmos version?

I listened to it a few days ago in Atmos with (only) four full range channels and it sounded great. What do like about the 5.1 mix and/or dislike in the Atmos version?

The Atmos seemed more like a 'set-it-and-forget-it" mix with the rear & height speakers used mostly for percussion, whereas Clearmountain move occasionally move backing vocals, guitars, and keys to the back as well. The backing vocal refrains in "Jamming" popping up in different speakers is a great touch that's unfortunately missing from the Atmos mix.

Anyone ever find these on Apple Music in Atmos:

Don Mclean - American Pie
The Band - Acadian Driftwood
Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

Are they still available on Tidal?

Anyone ever find these on Apple Music in Atmos:

Don Mclean - American Pie
The Band - Acadian Driftwood
Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man

Are they still available on Tidal?
No luck either. Here are some other Tidal Atmos mixes that I can’t find on Apple Music:

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (2020 Mix)
Daryl Hall & John Oates - She’s Gone (released a few days ago on Tidal)

The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
The Coasters - Yakety Yak

Wilson Pickett - Mustang Sally
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You
Total - Can’t You See
Robin S - Show Me Love
Peabo Bryson - If Ever You’re In My Arms Again
Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Last edited:
Back