ATTENTION: About QUADBOB and "Quadraphonic Restorations Xtraordinaire"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Due to the absolute FACT that more than a handfull of members have been totally burned by "QuadBob" (Bob Herndon, of Spring Valley California) and "Quadraphonic Restorations Xtraordinaire", it is of the opinion of QuadraphonicQuad that members do not send equipment to him at this time.

Should he satisfy the customers he has disappointed in the future, this notification may be deleted.

For information regarding this matter, please refer to the thread indicated below:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...urned-my-equipment-or-money&highlight=quadbob

Default Re: Where's Quad Bob?

thanks audiokarma - looks like Dennis had a feel for quad -bob a long time ago....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

10-30-2002, 10:26 PM

Omniscientist

I have a QRX 9001 and use it to power my Infinity Kappa sub woofers. There is no crackle in any buttons or noise and I guess I have been fortunate not to have had any reliability problems or Quad Bob exaggerates. Before I hooked it to an Infinity crossover net work it sounded great as an audio receiver. I have had some offers for this unit of which I have declined. I have how ever sold the Pioneer QX9900 ...reluctantly. As a result I do miss listening in Quad occationally.

Not certain if Quad Bob's "restoration deal" is all that necessary and of credible value.

Dennis

Let's hope some of us get our equipment back Jon, but thanks for the Well Deserved warning not to deal with this loon!

Is he still active?

If not, it might be that he has died, and his family had no inkling of his dealings.

I saw this happen on eBay all the time.

I just got a letter today from the California Attorney General. Quadbob will not respond to them either. They will hold the case on file, but do nothing for me. It says they are prohibited by law from representing individuals in legal matters. They tell me to take him to small claims court. Of course he knows what a hassle he has created, so I guess the scum keeps our equipment unless we do just that.

Last edited:
Has anybody had any dealings with this man...

Dan Jobin
2007 N. Fairgrounds Rd.
Stilllwater, OK 74075

Hey All,

I have a friend in Boulder Colorado who works on stereo equipment: speakers, turntables, cassette decks, amplifiers, etc. He is not specifically a quaddie, but I suspect he could fix most anything if he had a service manual for it. I am trying to offer a resource, not promote him specifically. If y'all want, I can post his contact info here, or distribute it via private messaging. Let me know if interested.

Ken

Hey All,

I have a friend in Boulder Colorado who works on stereo equipment: speakers, turntables, cassette decks, amplifiers, etc. He is not specifically a quaddie, but I suspect he could fix most anything if he had a service manual for it. I am trying to offer a resource, not promote him specifically. If y'all want, I can post his contact info here, or distribute it via private messaging. Let me know if interested.

Ken

I live in a roundhouse tell my kids go sit in the corner they look at me vary strange

I live in a roundhouse tell my kids go sit in the corner they look at me vary strange
Did you ever convert your house into a musical instrument like David Byrne did with a roundhouse. Google playing the building, an installation by David Byrne. Instructions included. He also did the Battery Maritime building in lower Manhattan in 2008.
Phil

I filled out another forn to the California Attorny General in an attempt to get my JVC CD4-50 Demdulator and setup record back from Quadbob. Been stolen by him since 2006. As before, I don't expect results, but staying on this guys back when he makes purchases on Ebay of Quadradiscs to play on my equipment gives me some small feeling of satisfaction. For anyone else that was scammed like me, here is Quadbobs contact info: <info deleted> The more the merrier when complaints hit this guy through the Calif. Attorney general. Perhaps more people reading this will jump on the bandwagon. It may help.

EDITED: Folks, I removed the personal information from this post. However, you are totally free to PM Ghaltman if you are interested in obtaining this information from him. What you do in PM's is private and up to you. Leaving personal contact information in the open forum is not allowed here.

:-jon

I filled out another forn to the California Attorny General in an attempt to get my JVC CD4-50 Demdulator and setup record back from Quadbob. Been stolen by him since 2006. As before, I don't expect results, but staying on this guys back when he makes purchases on Ebay of Quadradiscs to play on my equipment gives me some small feeling of satisfaction. For anyone else that was scammed like me, here is Quadbobs contact info: <info deleted> The more the merrier when complaints hit this guy through the Calif. Attorney general. Perhaps more people reading this will jump on the bandwagon. It may help.

Ugh..... This makes my blood pressure rise every time I think about it. It is really frustrating that there is no viable method for people from other parts of the country to attempt to get their equipment back. Not to mention any monetary deposits they may have made toward a "restoration." They have private eyes. They have repo guys for getting cars back. Are there mercenary vintage equipment repo men? ;) I have little faith that any official legal methods will ever lead to the recovery of anyone's property.

If someone wants to raise money for me to have an all expenses paid trip there, I'll get the stuff back ;)

I hate theives. Especially theives that help add to the fear of electronics service. It's part of the reason we live in a disposable society. People figure, why not buy something new if I'm going to just pay someone to rob me anyway.

If someone wants to raise money for me to have an all expenses paid trip there, I'll get the stuff back ;)

I hate theives. Especially theives that help add to the fear of electronics service. It's part of the reason we live in a disposable society. People figure, why not buy something new if I'm going to just pay someone to rob me anyway.

That was my thought, until I realized you had better be aware of the local laws. You would be better off, getting together and pooling recources to hire a lawyer where he lives, and let him do all the work. If you don't live in the state, they could care less what the creep did.

I just started imagining a whole episode of the A-Team in my head, starting with them meeting you guys in disguise, then taking the job...

Has anybody tried registering a theft with the local PD where Quadbob lives? If given enough complaints, with accurate descriptions of course, the PD would have to follow up on it and could possibly attain a search warrant.

Has anybody tried registering a theft with the local PD where Quadbob lives? If given enough complaints, with accurate descriptions of course, the PD would have to follow up on it and could possibly attain a search warrant.

Don't know if this route was ever pursued. I think as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, I'm sure there is a statute of limitations on crimes of this type. Unfortunately, for many years Quad Bob was an active, respected member of the quad community. Some of the equipment was in his possession for years while he was still communicating with forum members on a regular basis. He was actually completing some work and had the excuse that there was a huge back log for those who had shipped him their equipment months or even years earlier and it had not yet been repaired. Imagine some of the oldest, most respected members you are aware of on this forum and then imagine them ripping off a bunch of members and dropping out of sight. That's what this situation was like. It was completely unexpected and completely out of character to who everyone thought this guy was. So, by the time he basically dropped off the grid, he'd already had most of the stuff longer than any statue of limitations would likely allow the filing of charges. These issues date back to the 2004 - 2006 era.

Back