Audacity export problems...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really seems to me as if the DVD Audio Extractor step from the MakeMKV files is where the click is introduced.

That's my guess as well. Does DVDAE have the option to extract to a single long file?

Is there another app for Mac that maybe could just rip the audio from the MKV files as one long track with no breaks? I could then take what I need as one long 5.1 file and save it as a FLAC.

SoX might be able to help, but it's a command line tool, so it might also just result in frustration.

I will check on DVDAE. Also, command line doesn't scare me... ;)

You may like SoX, then. It's incredibly useful, but the commands are extremely terse and I find them confusing. I tend to figure it out once, then put whatever it is into a Linux script so I can run it again without having to start from scratch.

I use it a lot for file concatenation, sample rate conversion, normalization, trimming, adding fast fadeups/fadeouts...probably other stuff I can't remember.

Now that I think of it, since an MKV is technically a video file, SoX may not be the right tool but ffmpeg probably is.

The command line tool mkvextract that is part of MKVToolNix does, like the name says, extract tracks from MKV files! Just configure MakeMKV to convert the audio tracks to FLAC, and you're set.

There's even a GUI tool: gMKVExtractGUI (I have not used it)

That's my guess as well. Does DVDAE have the option to extract to a single long file?

It does! DVDAE for OSX , like other versions, has a checkbox for 'Save each chapter into an individual file" (it is part of "Step 3, Setup output file location and other settings").

It is checked by default. Unchecking it produces one long file, consisting of whichever chapters you selected in Step 1, merged together.

I use CD Wave editor to split tracks https://cd-wave-editor.soft112.com/

I've happily used that for years. I paid to register it years ago but lost my information. I like it so much and the price is so low that I tried to pay for it again, but apparently the developer is no longer accepting money. Fortunately, not registering it does not limit it in any way.

It does! DVDAE for OSX , like other versions, has a checkbox for 'Save each chapter into an individual file" (it is part of "Step 3, Setup output file location and other settings").

It is checked by default. Unchecking it produces one long file, consisting of whichever chapters you selected in Step 1, merged together.
Where is that option? I don't see it...

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 2.09.08 PM.png

So that looks like DVD Audio Extractor for Windows, yes? Looks like the Mac version doesn't have that.

So that looks like DVD Audio Extractor for Windows, yes? Looks like the Mac version doesn't have that.
All are version 8.0.0, and I checked mine just now, same layout as ssully, so yes, maybe not on the Mac version.
On mine, when that box is checked it includes a format line that goes away when unchecked; have you tried just clearing that line and running it to see what happens? Perhaps there also is a command format on that line that would specify a single file?

dvdae-sample.jpg

Well, I am certainly not paying for a license for software that doesn't even include the full feature set. That's some BS right there.

Well, I am certainly not paying for a license for software that doesn't even include the full feature set. That's some BS right there.
Here's a screen shot of ver. 7 OSX on their web site that shows a complete set. Perhaps something is amiss, hard to believe it would drop off for ver. 8.
Also, might try contacting customer support here:
http://www.dvdae.com/support
dvdae-osx.jpg

Their response: “This option is only avaliable for DVD-Video discs. It's always turnned on and thus not selectable for DVD-Audio and Blu-ray discs.”

Back