Audio Fidelity "Blow-Out" Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Well, not really a sale if you ask me. Not that I don’t appreciate the surround releases from AF (I have nearly all) but 75 bucks for a lower number on the slip case? Nah, not my cup.

Last edited:
Listen, good for them if they can make some money off of what's left. Others will do the same on eBay over the next few years. I would assume that this is the remaining AF people trying to recoup whatever they can from whatever's left.

Some people really like having low numbers, although it can be said that they don't mean shit. Really, what low numbered disc or LP that you have is really worth anything more than it would be without the number. Even 1968 White Albums are only worth more if they have really low numbers and those were not numbered with future value in mind like current limited numbered discs.

And really, with gold stickered numbers, how do we really know there were not 25 labels with #0001 on them?

I find it odd, however, that one place is blowing out the Dylan's for $25 while here they are still $80+.

The two employees were given the goodie cabinet of AF stuff to sell off and keep the money. Apparently it was a pretty large stash of discs since they've been at it for a while and still going. The full boxes (cases of 50) went to Elusive Disc (really find their name offensive).

There are still ten surround SACDs left at the blow-out sale. Two of them have been gone at retail for quite some time. Several are priced at $31.99, and most higher up to $75.

This is the last chance before ebay is the norm. But these prices might not be considered a deal at all, I know.

https://audiophilecollectibles.com/audio-fidelity-24k-gold-cds-hybrid-sacds-and-180g-vinyl-lps

Thankfully, I purchased mine exclusively from Deep Discount and ImportCDs when they had their 15%/10% off sales, respectively. Most were $21, delivered and some less than that. I have ALL their mch SACDs [except for Mannheim Steamroller and Winelight which I have on MLP DVD~A] 75% of their Stereo SACDs and maybe 50% of their 24k Gold RBCDs. I will cherish all off them. R.I.P. Audio Fidelity. One can only hope for reincarnation!:ROFLMAO:with a better licensing deal from the Majors...

Last edited:
Intriguing- stereo-only or multichannel?

I know Who's Next was considered for 5.1 SACD a while back, but there were supposedly some multitrack issues.

It was STEREO only. And I was so disappointed when Universal canceled the 5.1 multichannel SACD of the Who's Next [fortunately, I have the wonderful sounding Stereo SHM~SACD .... as a consolation].

Intriguing- stereo-only or multichannel?

I know Who's Next was considered for 5.1 SACD a while back, but there were supposedly some multitrack issues.

No...they just never took the item down...Universal scrapped their stand alone blu ray audio program....SORRY that post was intended for Ralphie:D

Last edited:
This was selling for $15 at one point...but Acoustic Sounds has no shame..

And as with MOST SACDs, the NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNT precludes anyone from getting that 'coveted' 10% off. Nice going, Acoustic Sounds!

One can only wonder if they'll have their 50% off sale at Christmas time this year?

And I do recall, Acoustic Sounds was selling SHM~SACDs for $59.95 even after CDJapan was selling them for HALF THAT! Some Nerve!

BTW, they're STILL $59.95 https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=SHM~SACD

Last edited:
Back