Audio Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of complete paranoia - I ordered another copy of the Scorps from ImportCD as I had Bruford in the cart from them anyway.....
I guess if Amazon comes through and updates their release date, I'll likely just cancel.

For now, I guess I potentially have 2 copies coming.....:mad:@:

Can't speak for Amazon or the various web stores.
But I did check and Audio Fidelity says the Best of the Scorpions SACD is indeed coming.

Looks like Snood's Styx Pieces of Eight Shipped and will be here Tuesday :banana:

do you have the gear to sample part of it in 96/24 and see if they are actually not truncated at 20-22K?

Here's the info from Kevin Gray's web site, Cohearent Audio, on how he makes transfers from Analog Tape (as wth the new Styx SACD):

Our philosophy is to provide the most transparent audio system possible. Any desired coloration, therefore, may be added by signal processing, not the system itself. In order to fulfill this goal, most of the analog electronics were built from scratch. Our system features custom transformerless, discrete, pure Class-A electronics from tape head to cutterhead. It was designed to retain all of the warmth, punch and detail recorded on your master. Our tape-to-disk mastering console is one of the most sophisticated in the world.

***NOTE: We are asked all the time if we can master directly from analog sources and keep it analog all the way through to lacquer disk. YES! THAT is our specialty and we are one of the very few places in the world that still do it that way!

Tascam DV-RA1000HD high definition audio master recorder (PCM and DSD)
Genex 8500 Master Recorder - DSD and PCM (For cutting from DSD sources and creating multi-channel DSD masters.)
Meitner DAC8 and ADC8 DSD Converters

http://www.cohearent.com/our-system/

Thank you Brian, I really appreciate your response.
Now, I am one doubting Thomas- I am sure that what they stated is true, but still, just ONE Freq. spectrum capture from this disc to "shut me up"!!!

Please????

I have no idea if this is what you are talking about...but just in case...lmao

This is only a single song from the disc. That is to say, I took the .iso and selected a single song, converted to Flac at 176,400 Hz since Foobar next choice is 88,200 or something like that.

Imported into Audacity.

Frequency.jpg

Thank you Brian, I really appreciate your response.
Now, I am one doubting Thomas- I am sure that what they stated is true, but still, just ONE Freq. spectrum capture from this disc to "shut me up"!!!

Please????

I checked and was told that "Not only is there content above 22k - there's a LOT of content above 22k."
So the answer is Yes. :)

Makes a GREAT companion piece to AF's STYX SACD Paradise Theater.

Am spinning it as we speak! :music

BTW, Mark~E, are you going to buy the upcoming AF Stereo remaster of Jeff Beck's TRUTH? A true classic, if ever there was one.
Agreed, now I have both. I saw Styx live at The Cow Palace on The Paradise Theater tour, of course don't remember much except a giant organ as in keyboards.
Yes, I have purchased the Truth SACD with reservation, I have the FLAC 24/192 or is it 96, can't remember and sounds awesome. I played that album when I was a kid to death. That is probably why I will always buy Truth as it is my break out from SF hippie music to big music.
51c93WG-0fL._AC_US218_.jpg51r8LYEm4pL._AC_US218_.jpg

Agreed, now I have both. I saw Styx live at The Cow Palace on The Paradise Theater tour, of course don't remember much except a giant organ as in keyboards.
Yes, I have purchased the Truth SACD with reservation, I have the FLAC 24/192 or is it 96, can't remember and sounds awesome. I played that album when I was a kid to death. That is probably why I will always by Truth as it is my break out from SF hippie music to big music.
View attachment 30881View attachment 30882

Mark~E....a HIP~E? Now that's a vision. But join the club. I'm still somewhat of a HIP~E w/short hair for 'business purposes' and look forward to Beck O~La being released [should've been a two~fer with Truth but AF doesn't do two~fers]. And Mark, even though you have the Truth download.....always good to have a physical disc...as back~up....just in case you get hacked by the Ruskies and/or Little Rocket Man's regime :ugham:

I have succumbed to Styx “Pieces of Eight”. I hope they complete the Styx collection eventually... are there any others on SACD besides Paradise Theater?

I have succumbed to Styx “Pieces of Eight”. I hope they complete the Styx collection eventually... are there any others on SACD besides Paradise Theater?

The next Styx Hybrid Stereo SACD from Audio Fidelity will be Kilroy Was Here.
Now "in the works" according to Marshall at AF.

Back