Audio Fidelity's 24-Hour Holiday Vault Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if you go to their website and simply scroll down to very bottom...on the far right is a little window that says "Vaults" Coming Soon or something like that. Click it and at least right now, shows a few titles that must have some "value" according to them. Example is a Gold CD of Stevie Wonder and it's their last copy and it's limited edition #5. It's also $99. :rolleyes:

Also, if you go to their website and simply scroll down to very bottom...on the far right is a little window that says "Vaults" Coming Soon or something like that. Click it and at least right now, shows a few titles that must have some "value" according to them. Example is a Gold CD of Stevie Wonder and it's their last copy and it's limited edition #5. It's also $99. :rolleyes:

That is what the "vaults" mean...their collectables...out of print titles....basically it's just marketing..

That is what the "vaults" mean...their collectables...out of print titles....basically it's just marketing..

No, I think it is the old OOP titles that they saved for a rainy day, you know when the rent and electric is due, and the releases have been dull or not so hot sellers, 5.1 and 4.0 surround has been discontinued, and they need cash right away.

The bring out some nice vintage product still sealed, low numbers, and bingo! They make it to the next year with bills paid up another month or two.

I would expect low serial numbers, low quantity, and high prices.

May this sale bring happy holidays, and the best for the new year!

No, I think it is the old OOP titles that they saved for a rainy day, you know when the rent and electric is due, and the releases have been dull or not so hot sellers, 5.1 and 4.0 surround has been discontinued, and they need cash right away.

The bring out some nice vintage product still sealed, low numbers, and bingo! They make it to the next year with bills paid up another month or two.

I would expect low serial numbers, low quantity, and high prices.

May this sale bring happy holidays, and the best for the new year!

LOL...that's exactly what I said..

It means that Audio Fidelity has some very limited quantities of some of their earlier releases available at a sale price.
Could include everything from Audio Fidelity Gold CDs to Stereo and Surround SACDs and LPs.

Since it's a 24 Hour only event with limited quantities, sale seekers will need to check the list and order quickly. :)

Quite the marketing move, hold back lowest number discs for an adjusted price after most or all stock is sold and the title is officially OOP.
I think that for me the limited numbered releases was just a gimmick anyways, I believe one of my lowest is #117 not that its worth more then #2000. I have noticed some of the #5's have now sold, their " Last Copy" I don't think value wise it makes that much of a difference. Maybe an original White Album a low number undoubtedly would be worth substantially more. And being they are marketing as a collectible I would put that in my safe and see what happens in 5, 10 maybe 20 years ?
Who knows I just want more 4.0 releases from Audio Fidelity and please choose wisely. Looking foward to a great 2018 for surround music.

Edit: 5 of the #5 titles have sold......since this thread started...

Back