Audiomuxer - new software on surroundbyus.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All,

I'm using Audiomuxer for the first time--trying to merge 4 mono wav files (ripped from a Quad Reel) into a multi-channel wav/flac. Not sure what to do with the following error message: "The WAV headers of the input files are not identical. No output file created."

Any suggestions?

An easy way to get identical headers is to "convert" each of the files to a new wav file through AudioMuxer using the "Audio Conversion" operation. Through the "conversion", AudioMuxer will fix the headers on the files.

Thanks for that suggestion, sukothai. I tried it but, sadly, got the same error.

Examining the files, I see that they're not quite identical in length (i.e., they're off by a few hundredths of a second--the person I got them from did a little EQ to correct for tape hiss & dropout). Could that be the source of the error? Should I just open each one in SoundForge or Audacity and trim them all to exactly the same length?

An easy way to get identical headers is to "convert" each of the files to a new wav file through AudioMuxer using the "Audio Conversion" operation. Through the "conversion", AudioMuxer will fix the headers on the files.

Thanks for that suggestion, sukothai. I tried it but, sadly, got the same error.

Examining the files, I see that they're not quite identical in length (i.e., they're off by a few hundredths of a second--the person I got them from did a little EQ to correct for tape hiss & dropout). Could that be the source of the error? Should I just open each one in SoundForge or Audacity and trim them all to exactly the same length?

Yes, they have to be the same length as well. I've overcome that problem by loading all of the files in Audition (any wav editor should work) and after making sure the tracks are all lined up at the same start time, select all of the ends and trim them with a single command.

Well, dang: I edited all the files to the same length--to the millisecond--and then "converted" them in Audiomuxer. But when I try to merge them, I still get the same error about the headers not being identical. I must be doing something wrong. Wish I had the capability to just edit the headers manually....

Yes, they have to be the same length as well. I've overcome that problem by loading all of the files in Audition (any wav editor should work) and after making sure the tracks are all lined up at the same start time, select all of the ends and trim them with a single command.

Back