Audiomuxer - new software on surroundbyus.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works for me... I've just done it with the DTS 96/24 on Gentle Giant to fix the channel stuff up.

Well...
7.1.1 is the latest version available. It lists the content as dts 5.1 48k (doesn't list the bit depth).

AudioMuxer lists the content as 24/96 (as stated on the label).

Which version of DVD Audio Extractor are you running? Do I actually need an older version?
It really listed your content as 24/96 and let you convert it to 24/96 5.1 wav files? Not just 48k?

Well...
7.1.1 is the latest version available. It lists the content as dts 5.1 48k (doesn't list the bit depth).

AudioMuxer lists the content as 24/96 (as stated on the label).

Which version of DVD Audio Extractor are you running? Do I actually need an older version?
It really listed your content as 24/96 and let you convert it to 24/96 5.1 wav files? Not just 48k?

I was referring to Audiomuxer - versions as per my screen shot above...

I was referring to Audiomuxer - versions as per my screen shot above...

Oh OK. Yeah it looks like it should work for me too. AudioMuxer works. The issue appears to be Windows shenanigans with the Arcsoft install. All I can do is follow the instructions for installing it. I don't know any of the DIY tricks for making Windows work successfully so I'm at a dead end.

Pl4yitLOUD advised running eac3to in OSX/Wine (which is how I would normally run this app).

eac3to tells me "The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead."

I have the ArcSoft Decoder Pack eac3to v1.1.0.0 installed.

Anyone here have any ideas?

DVD Audio Extractor will certainly do everything needed - it claims to do DTS 96254, I will check this but you will need something else to break BD+ Copy Protection as this app cannot do this.

Okay, so I grabbed the trial version of DVD Audio Extractor, and gave it a go.
With both DTS-HD MAS and DTS 9624 lossy, only the core audio streams are extracted.
This is a known limit. For DTS-ES and DTS-HD MA streams which come with a core stream and one or more extended streams, only the core stream (48kHz) is currently decoded by DVD Audio Extractor. And this limit only exists on DTS format. For all other formats like MLP, TrueHD, LPCM, etc, all sample rates are supported. We do look forward to adding full DTS support in the future. Thanks.
That means you do not get lossless extracted audio from a DTS-HD MAS stream.
I quote from their tech support - as I decoded a disc, to put it onto DVDA and it did not sound right - on checking, I had extracted lossy DTS Core audio.
Beware!

Methinks it is time to learn how to use AudioMuxer & the extraction tools as well.

Okay, so I grabbed the trial version of DVD Audio Extractor, and gave it a go.
With both DTS-HD MAS and DTS 9624 lossy, only the core audio streams are extracted.

That means you do not get lossless extracted audio from a DTS-HD MAS stream.
I quote from their tech support - as I decoded a disc, to put it onto DVDA and it did not sound right - on checking, I had extracted lossy DTS Core audio.
Beware!

Methinks it is time to learn how to use AudioMuxer & the extraction tools as well.

you may try HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor
it's freeware. no installation needed (sort of portable appz), can handle all audio streams from DVD, HD-DVD and BD,
including HiRez lossless streams.
http://code.google.com/p/hdbrstreamextractor/downloads/list

Both DVDAE and Audiomuxer *can* extract core + extension of DTS 96/24 -- but only if you do Direct Demux (meaning, the output will be a bitstream .dts file, not decoded to PCM as a .wav file). Please see my investigations recounted on this thread, starting at Jan 21 2013:

http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136&start=290

and summarized in my last post to this thread:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=88921&hl=

username is 'krabapple' on both fora.

I had always suspected this to be true, because my AVR displays 'DTS 96/24' for tracks ripped directly (no PCM conversion) from DTS 96/24 discs, but displays just 'DTS' for DTS core-only tracks.

Such direct demux rips can be put in a .wav wrapper (which just adds header info, it is NOT a PCM conversion) by Audiomuxer , then run through FLAC, then tagged. This is what I do.

Alterantely, if you want a 'real' .wav file (decoded 96/24 DTS to PCM 96/24) , the ArcSoft Decoder plugin for Audimuxer does the job.

Last edited:
Question...

I used to be able to extract 96/24 wavs from a dtshd file. I just tried to do the new Elton GBYBR disc and the file reads 96000 when trying to do the audio extraction but I get an error that says magcore.dll is not installed. It is in my EAC3to folder which is on the main C: directory. I have never had this problem before (that I can remember). Can anyone figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Question...

I used to be able to extract 96/24 wavs from a dtshd file. I just tried to do the new Elton GBYBR disc and the file reads 96000 when trying to do the audio extraction but I get an error that says magcore.dll is not installed. It is in my EAC3to folder which is on the main C: directory. I have never had this problem before (that I can remember). Can anyone figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Have you tried re-registering the magcore.dll file?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 418
Bob, on my PC AudioMuxer also failed to extract the 5.1 audio from the GBYBR disc, although I got a different error message. I managed to do the extraction with HdBrStreamExtractor https://code.google.com/p/hdbrstreamextractor/ . The only inconvenience of this tool that you need to split and tag the flac file manually with another software like foobar.

Bob, on my PC AudioMuxer also failed to extract the 5.1 audio from the GBYBR disc, although I got a different error message. I managed to do the extraction with HdBrStreamExtractor https://code.google.com/p/hdbrstreamextractor/ . The only inconvenience of this tool that you need to split and tag the flac file manually with another software like foobar.
Thanks... I will give it a shot

Thanks... I will give it a shot

FYI
Meanwhile I managed to split the large album flac file with using AudioMuxer and the chapter file output by HdBrStreamExtractor. In the main window AM reads the chapter file as CUE and you need to set AM output as mkv/flac. IIRC the chapter file of HdBrStreamExtractor is in ogg format and foobar (at least an older version running on my PC) accepts chapter (track point) files in CDDA cue format. Unfortunately I'm not aware of an ogg-cue format converter.

AudioMuxer extracted the 5.1 for me, but I wound up with 48kHz FLACs instead of 96kHz.

Most probably ArcSoft DTS Encoder isn't (properly) installed and that's why AM extracts only the core 24/48 DTS stream.

With this software can I open up all 6 channels and easily adjust the volume of any I choose, then create my own DVD A? What about bass, treble?

With this software can I open up all 6 channels and easily adjust the volume of any I choose, then create my own DVD A? What about bass, treble?

It will adjust volume of the channels....(apparently)

But you need to use a DVD-A Authoring software to create a DVD-A e.g. Discwelder Chrome or Cirlinca... You also need an MLP Encoder if you're talking about 96/24 content.

Back