Audiomuxer question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
has anybody that uses AM had the problem that - when you extract audio from a bluray, there are pops that show up as spikes in the audio. The sound like a loud click. It has happened in almost every BR I have extracted. I am using the newest version but it has happened with the last couple of versions as well. The whit arrows are the spikes but any of the spiky looking parts of the wav are digital clicks.

Attachments

• Capture copy.jpg
    Capture copy.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 178
I haven't had this problem, though I always back up the blu-ray to my hd and mount it with VirtualCloneDrive before doing the extraction. Are you extracting directly from the disc? If so, any interruptions in the data stream may cause this. I remember this used to be an issue with disc burning as well and I had to shut down all other processes when I burned a disc. Now days, the burners have much more sophisticated buffering than in the old days and this isn't an issue. It could be AM is more sensitive to interruptions in the data stream.

Bob are you using the DVDfab tools as well? Most of these have some kind of DRM on them. You can strip it off with the DVDfab tools. I had a similar prob with some PF discs. They'd summarily go from music to speaker damaging static at the toss of a hat. You might try that? I've only experience clicking when I play iso's thru an external HDD. I assumed this has either something to do with noise in the cable or some kind of transmission problem. Worth a shot...

I use DVDFab to rip the BluRay as a full disc. Then open the playlist in AudioMuxer and then convert from dtshd to mono wavs

Never had that problem... But I always ripped the BD disc to hard drive using either DVDFab or AnyDVD
and then ran the AudioMuxer.
Not only do I not have click problems but it's also faster!

I am bumping an old thread, not that my question is anywhere near Bobs but the thread title is definitely spot on!

I want to extract Porcupine Trees original stereo mix (redbook I think it is) from the DVD audio layer. I first used Makemkv to get the big file out, now in Audiomuxer I want to split the file to separated tracks. When I do this along with a cue sheet, I get the ten files that make up the album, but all the content is in the last track. The other 9 files with proper taggings and all, are empty. How is this??

Well the option to include a cue sheet was already selected upon extracting. I will unclick it and try your idea, thanks!

Nah, still no success.

Here's the log from eac3to

Code:
MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:56:26, 30p /1.001
1: MPEG2, English, 480p (4:3)
2: RAW/PCM, English, 2.0 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
   "Stereo"
Bitstream parsing for track 1 failed.  <WARNING>
Demuxing this track may still produce correct results - or not.  <WARNING>
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Reading RAW/PCM...
[a02] Writing WAV...
[a02] Creating file "C:\rip\PT_LBS\2.0 Original mix\Output.wav"...
[a02] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
eac3to processing took 1 minute, 19 seconds.
Done.

And this is how the log file from the ripped tracks look:

Code:
CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter 01
CHAPTER02=00:00:00.033
CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter 02
CHAPTER03=00:00:00.066
CHAPTER03NAME=Chapter 03
CHAPTER04=00:00:00.100
CHAPTER04NAME=Chapter 04
CHAPTER05=00:00:00.133
CHAPTER05NAME=Chapter 05
CHAPTER06=00:00:00.166
CHAPTER06NAME=Chapter 06
CHAPTER07=00:00:00.200
CHAPTER07NAME=Chapter 07
CHAPTER08=00:00:00.233
CHAPTER08NAME=Chapter 08
CHAPTER09=00:00:00.266
CHAPTER09NAME=Chapter 09
CHAPTER10=00:00:00.300
CHAPTER10NAME=Chapter 10
9 of the tracks have nothing on them, the 10th and final track contains the entire album. THAT, I don't understand. Obviously a setting somewhere but I can't find it.

Im not at home right now so I cant look at MKV or Audio Muxer screens or menus. But what I am saying is, extract the MKV file you need. There is nothing special about extracting the MKV.

When you extract the MKV tracks to in Audio Muxer you are offered a choice of splitting options. the options are "load into audio muxer with chapters" or "load into audio muxer and split into chapters". What have you been choosing for this option? Try choosing the second option. You will not need a cue sheet.

looks like the chapter info is not included in the MKV file

the header should indicate the number of chapters like this:

MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:56:26, 30p /1.001(10 chapters)

as it doesnt show 10 chapters it has only one single audio file

looks like the chapter info is not included in the MKV file

the header should indicate the number of chapters like this:

MKV, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 0:56:26, 30p /1.001(10 chapters)

as it doesnt show 10 chapters it has only one single audio file

Well then I assume that's the issue. Is there any other stereo stream on the disk than can be extracted?

I will have another look when I get to the computer. Yes, I’ve tried the different alternatives with/without chapters in Audiomuxer.

The content is most likely not dvd audio, I managed to get the dvd audio content from dvd audio extractor (new stereo mix and 5.1 mix), this original stereo mix is likely redbook PCM (it measures 16bit 48khz) and is not even recognized by dvd audio extractor.

More when I get to the computer. Thanks for all help so far!

I want to extract Porcupine Trees original stereo mix (redbook I think it is) from the DVD audio layer. I first used Makemkv to get the big file out, now in Audiomuxer I want to split the file to separated tracks. When I do this along with a cue sheet, I get the ten files that make up the album, but all the content is in the last track. The other 9 files with proper taggings and all, are empty. How is this??

I've seen this many times. It's definitely a MakeMKV issue because it's not only AudioMuxer that has the problem with the MKV files.

I posted a detailed description of the issue some time back on the MakeMKV forum and never got a response.

If it's an old enough disc, DVD Decrypter will work (though it's much more trouble). If it was never encrypted at all, AudioMuxer will work fine directly opening the disc. Just this morning I had to use DVD Decrypter for "Two Against Nature" and over the last couple months I successfully used AudioMuxer to directly read multiple unencrypted King Crimson titles. In every case where the other software succeeded, MakeMKV first produced junk files.

Well then I assume that's the issue. Is there any other stereo stream on the disk than can be extracted?
No problem to extract the other mixes, that is DVD Audio of the stereo as well as the 5.1-mixes. The problem is this particular PCM 16 bit/48 khz that is the original stereo mix.
That could be, but it should be able to extract the audio contained in the Video.TS folder, shouldn't it?

Ninecats... what's in the video.TS folder?
I looked up the VOD that was the redbook stereo mix in question, put that one direct in Audiomuxer as DVD-V and voíla, that worked. It's not that the extracted MKV-file didn't work, but it was more a fault in how it gathered the data. Now the data is separated as individual tracks. Thanks LuvMyQuad!

Here's the report from Audiomuxer
Code:
> eac3to v3.31
command line: "eac3to.exe" "E:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB" 1:"C:\rip\PT_LBS\2.0 Original mix\Output.wav" -progressnumbers -no2ndpass
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOB, 1 audio track, 0:56:26
1: RAW/PCM, 2.0 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
[a01] Extracting audio track number 1...
[a01] Reading RAW/PCM...
[a01] Swapping endian...
[a01] Writing WAV...
[a01] Creating file "C:\rip\PT_LBS\2.0 Original mix\Output.wav"...
[a01] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
eac3to processing took 1 minute, 32 seconds.
Done.

The extracted bitrate landed on 944 kbps however, a bit lower than regular CD quality (around 1400 kpbs). But I can live with that.

Back